Pentair Easytouch interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrhubott View Post
    You should be able to turn circuits on/off if you wire the RS485 to serial interface correctly to transmit.

I have observed the heater set point issue and I'm trying to reverse engineer the messaging - I thought I had it but something changed.
    I am not sure what do you mean on wiring RS485 to transmit. I don't see how can the connection be any different than to read. Can you clarify?

Comment

Example converted output

I pulled a sample out of the attached file and converted it from ASCII to Hex using:

https://www.branah.com/ascii-converter

This might be a bit more useful. It seems like the strings begin with "ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff" and then have additional information encoded in them. So the first line of my log file is:

This translates into:

ffffffffffffffff ffa5010f10021d 11 03 300e4e4e02504239 460f11 380b0348ff ffa5 9010d201d202ea

It does seem like interface is configured and everything is working.

Here is what I have in my log:

Sep-20 10:10:34 AM RSEasyTouch Initialized
      Sep-20 10:10:33 AM RSEasyTouch AutoFilter=False
      Sep-20 10:10:33 AM RSEasyTouch Initializing
      Sep-20 10:10:33 AM RSEasyTouch InitIO using COM1
      Sep-20 10:10:33 AM RSEasyTouch Connected, waiting to be initialized...
      Sep-20 10:10:33 AM Info Plugin RSEasyTouch has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49251
      Sep-20 10:10:33 AM Informational Ethernet connection established to 172.16.160.7:4998
      Sep-20 10:10:33 AM Informational DiscoveryBeacon: Global Cache unit iTachWF2SL [172.16.160.7] discovered.
      Sep-20 10:10:32 AM Plug-In Interface RSEasyTouch is running as a trial, 29 days remaining.

Comment

EasyTouch / IntelliTouch / SunTouch

You have spent more time looking at the protocol than I have, so may be able to see some differences from what I am seeing from the SunTouch controller, and what you might be seeeing from your EasyTouch controller, however I wanted to make a few other observations:

1. Autelis needed to updated their firmware to add support for SunTouch, so there very well may be some small differences in the protocol.

http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-...-suntouch.html

http://www.autelis.com/pool-control-...easytouch.html

2. All of the Pentair Touch products are compatible with each other (e.g., I use an IntelliTouch pump, IntelliChlor etc.) so the protocol must be very similar.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Progress

Hi there, it appears that I had not configured the Virtual Serial Port Redirector incorrectly. After fixing this, your plug-in is now showing a status of "Connected" on device RSEasyTouch-root. As you can see the other devices are not updating, however, which I believe is related to differences in the protocol between the SunTouch and the EasyTouch/Intellitouch serial stream.

I am happy to walk through a few button presses and provide remote access to the system to you if you want to see if you can make it work. I could easily set up a public IP address endpoint for the RS485 interface so you can create a local virtual serial port that can control my system, and set up a webcam in front of the controller so you can see the screen on my SunTouch. This is a fairly popular system, so it would increase the market for your plug-in. Here is what I am seeing now:

Comment

I will send a new build out tomorrow that should read the sun touch protocol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by chrisckemp View Post
              Hi there, it appears that I had not configured the Virtual Serial Port Redirector incorrectly. After fixing this, your plug-in is now showing a status of "Connected" on device RSEasyTouch-root. As you can see the other devices are not updating, however, which I believe is related to differences in the protocol between the SunTouch and the EasyTouch/Intellitouch serial stream.

I am happy to walk through a few button presses and provide remote access to the system to you if you want to see if you can make it work. I could easily set up a public IP address endpoint for the RS485 interface so you can create a local virtual serial port that can control my system, and set up a webcam in front of the controller so you can see the screen on my SunTouch. This is a fairly popular system, so it would increase the market for your plug-in. Here is what I am seeing now:

Can you attach a copy of the logfile from the logs directory? I can not see a reason that the system has connected but nothing is being updated.

Thanks

Comment

I am also using a SunTouch.

With the exception of the setpoint that reads -77F, all readings are OK.

I am not able to control any circuits, but if I activate any circuits in Suntouch, the change shows right away in the plugin.

Comment

Screen shot attached. Look at the date in heater setpoint!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attachted is a new version to try with a SunTouch panel. It may send commands.

Put the following in the HSPI_RSEasyTouch.ini

Code:
                    [Panel]
                    SunTouch=true
                    Let me know how this works.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice.
                      Now it controls the circuits.

Both SPA Heater Set Point Temperature and Heater Set Point Temperature are now fixed at 32F instead of -77F, and do not change with changes in the control panel.

Water temperature shows correctly at 82F, and it does change as per the control panel.

What tests you want me to perform?

Comment

I will work on the SPA/Heater set points over the next couple of days.

I'm glad that it is working though.

Jason

Comment

1.0.1.1 Does not finish initializing

Interesting, I installed the new version, and now i'm stuck in initializing. I've attached screenshot and logfiles. Let me know if you have any questions:

http://kemp.s3.amazonaws.com/public/...SEasyTouch.txt

http://kemp.s3.amazonaws.com/public/Startup.log

HSPI_RSEasyTouch.txt

I am running the latest version of the SunTouch Firmware (2.080).

Comment

Originally posted by jetkit View Post
                            Nice.
                            Now it controls the circuits.

Both SPA Heater Set Point Temperature and Heater Set Point Temperature are now fixed at 32F instead of -77F, and do not change with changes in the control panel.

Water temperature shows correctly at 82F, and it does change as per the control panel.

What tests you want me to perform?
                            JetKit - what version of the SunTouch firmware are you running?

I'm seeing this in my log:

19:27:47,236 SPI_RSEasyTouch.HSPI [3 ] DEBUG - SunTouchPanel=False

Seems like for some reason it doesn't think I have a SunTouch panel. Perhaps we are running different firmware versions.

Comment

You need to update your config file also. See a few posts above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

I have 2.050

Comment

Working...
                                X