Configuring on a Kindle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring on a Kindle

I went to the store and downloaded HSTOUCH. On the Select Server screen I see:
    Demo Server
    Server 2
    Server 3
    Server 4
    Settings

I would expect that Settings would let me designate my project. It brings up the default project just like all the other server buttons.

The three dots on the bottom line do nothing.

removed from cloud and downloaded again. same results.

Not sure on version. Store does not say. cannot get into any screen that displays details.

Bump .....
    Anyone else using the kindle or am I the only lonely one.

Comment

I have a kindle running in my environment. However, I didn't use any of the projects included with hstouch. I configured the client to connect to my server, and once connected I deployed my own custom project to the kindle. Working fine without issue. It does show the name of my project once deployed, not sure if the kindle version just doesn't include any projects?

Comment

I cannot specify the address of my host so I cannot download to the kindle. The three dots on the bottom line are not functional and the initial setup does not recognize settings.

I've got another android tablet working but I could specify my host so the designer saw it so I could deploy.

This doesn't work as the install package seems bad.

Comment

Are you using the installation from the Kindle marketplace? If so, you might be better off going to the forum section for hstouch and downloading the apk, then manually installing it (this is what I did since I'm using a first gen Kindle and the marketplace had a very old version of hstouch).

Comment

yes. I just looked up homeseer and downloaded away. Let me look at the other way. Way do they make it so difficult?

I underestimated HS ability to make it difficult ..... download page changed. Can't find android client packages.
            Only some Apple stuff shows up. Main download page fancy FONTS LACKS FUNCTIONALITY.
            Last edited by rschein; August 26, 2014, 07:11 PM. Reason: Download now harder than before.

Comment

I wasn't quick enough. Downloads now points me at the Google Play page which does not work with the kindle.

ARRRRGH

Comment

Working...
              X