Device status trough pushover!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device status trough pushover!

What I would like to have (create) is a simple script that runs manually and collects the status of all devices (mainly lights) which are having the status on. Than have a pushover message telling me which lights are (still) on. So I can take action and switch them off.
    In some places in and outside the house I can not see the lights (shed..) and going over all devices (checking if they are still on) in Hstouch takes much time.

I have not written any script until now. So if someone can give a working vb set-up to start with, that would be great (could not find something similar)
    Or hint me in the right direction how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance W.

This is something that is possible and something I could get to you however is there a reason not to use replacement variables? I know that would involve you manually writing down the references but you are likely to have to do that in a script anyway because HS does not know something is a light, it may know what interface it belongs to (Z-Wave/X10 etc) but not what is a light (I have lights on appliance modules) and as such running through the enumerator may not be the best way.

Also need to be aware that Pushover messages are limited to 1024 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by nl_user View Post
      What I would like to have (create) is a simple script that runs manually and collects the status of all devices (mainly lights) which are having the status on. Than have a pushover message telling me which lights are (still) on. So I can take action and switch them off.
      In some places in and outside the house I can not see the lights (shed..) and going over all devices (checking if they are still on) in Hstouch takes much time.

I have not written any script until now. So if someone can give a working vb set-up to start with, that would be great (could not find something similar)
      Or hint me in the right direction how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance W.
      Like Adam (mrhappy), I use replacement variables within messages. Below is an example using device addresses, you can also use Reference IDs.

You could use a recurring or time trigger in an event that uses conditions to check the status of the lights in question, then send a pushover message if any of them are on. I have a number of battery operated devices, so I use several events like the second screenshot below to update me on them.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by randy; September 1, 2015, 09:44 AM.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Ok thanks Adam, Randy. I will try to build something like your sample and see how that works out.

Wiechert

Comment

Working...
        X