Best Homeseer Audio Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pete,

Sorry for the delay in answering. Gone for the weekend. Yes the ESS 11 zones are feeding inside the house. I use the ab8ss to feed outside speakers. I have small speakers under the eves of the house and also in the barn so if I am out there I can hear what is going on. Since I live on 2.5 acres, I don't have any real close neighbors. There are many reasons why I opted for separate systems. 1) the Nuvo I have doesn't support paging altho I could have used one of the zones 2) the speed of the switching is not instant, and the Nuvo, like the ess and ab8ss will switch the zones sequentially if more than one zone is switched at the same time. Since I have motion sensors around the perimeter of the house I have it setup up so when motion is sensed, it triggers the appropiate ab8ss zone and speaker, so TTS is heard where there is motion. It does weird people out who comes to the door and they hear "Front Door" as they approach the door. The outside speakers are also controlled from keypadlincs. I use 70.7 transformers for the runs out to the barn.
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Another vote for squeezebox - but it requires an additional hardware investment (or at least a bunch of PCs running softsqueeze).
      John
      Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
      Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
      HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
      Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Thanks Jack. Good idea on the outside speakers using the AB8SS.

Except for a pair of outside stereo speakers by the deck and in the garage I am not moving in the direction of any more outside speakers.

When we entertain I currently just utilize 4 zones of speakers (living room, dining room, kitchen and hallway-plus outdoor deck and garage) for music. The family room main music source is with its own speakers. Kind of looking at having the Russound controlled by the OPII keypads, HAI touchscreens and Russound KPL keypads (music/audio selection by HS Touchscreens). Primary input would be TTS (of the four inputs).

The second floor has six primary zones (home office, bedrooms, hallway, master bath) and each zone has its own local source. (today just media tanks, networked audio/video media players, satellite etc).

Relating to outside speakers I am in a small subdivision of 100 houses (.5-1 acre lots), no fences allowed, everything is kind of open between the houses etc. In my old home did "try" outdoor TTS; good friend and neighbor one night while I was on vacation "disconnected" my outdoor TTS speakers.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete, thats funny. I am sure if my neighbors can hear the TTS it is probably a relief as I have 37 chickens, a turkey, 4 geese, 3 roosters, 2 goats and a sheep. I know if anyone comes around... between the geese coming at you and the goats sneaking up from behind... you don't have a chance
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Working...
          X