Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to connect with HSTouch but can with Android with errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to connect with HSTouch but can with Android with errors?

Hey guys, new to Homeseer - so forgive me if there's a simple answer.

I can't get HSTouch on my Android phone to connect - says "Connected but unable to communicate...". However, I can open a browser on my cell phone and log into my Hometroller PRO S4 by entering my dyndns server name with a :port number. It logs me in, and I can go to the STATUS menu and turn on and off my z-wave outdoor controller. So it tells me my port warding is working... However, when I turn the light on or off, I get a message each time saying: "Data Connectivity Problem The server failed to communicate. Try again later." (Yet it works). So any ideas? I left HSTouch PORT settings to 10200 and that's the port I use for the dyndns connection as well. Previous I had set it to 84 and that had the same results... (have both Port Forwarded in my router). I've set a static IP to the Hometroller so I can port forward it.

Tried the same thing with my IPAD, and the HSTouchPad APP just flashes "connecting", but doesn't connect.

Check out this post for troubleshooting help to start with:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=150414
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Update - HSTouch still not working

Thanks for the tips. Here's an update. I'm at work today and can remote log in via my work computer just fine (and control devices) with no errors. I opened a browser and went to my dyndnsservername:10200. It had me enter my username and password and all is good. However, HSTouch on my Android is still not connecting even though I have done the suggested items and use the same IP, same port, same username and password.

On my Android, server 1 label is LOCAL. IP is set to my LAN IP for the Homeseer box (192.168.1.105). And Port is set at 10200. Server 2 label is REMOTE. IP is set to my dyndnsservername. Port is 10200. Username and password are the same I'm using to access it successfully via the internet browser. Configuration files for both servers are set to 854x480-Both.xml. I still get a "connected, but unable to communicate, check log" message.

On my Homeseer box, under SETUP, INTERFACES, I have HSTOUCH Android enabled, version 1.0.0.2, licensed mode says "Included", and status is "Interface OK". I also have HSTOUCH Lite enabled, version 1.0.0.58, licensed mode says "Included", and status is "Interface OK". I also have HSTOUCH Server Unlimited enabled, version 1.0.0.1, licensed mode says "Registered", and status is "Interface OK".

On the WebServer page, ENABLE SERVER FOR REMOTE ACCESS is set to YES. SSL is turned off. Server Port is set at 10200. There is a recent error in my LOG that says Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html/stif - but that may be unrelated?

What else might be keeping remote access from my Android from happening? (But not limiting remote access from a PC).

Comment

You do not want to use the HSTouch port of 10200 for you HomeSeer web server. This is best left at port 80. Then in your router forward both ports to your HomeSeer pc.

Comment

Thanks. I set the webserver IP to 84. Which is also port forwarded just like 10200 in my network. (80 is used by a webcam). Anyway, 84 works fine. I can still log into my system via internet explorer. But now HSTouch on my Android says "connection failed on server". Seems like it got worse?

Comment

Sorry, I set the webserver PORT to 84. IP is still set at 192.168.1.105.

Comment

Do you have a firewall on the pc blocking access?

Comment

My answer would be no. Remember, I can remote in (from my work right now) using Internet Explorer and going to my IPort, just fine. It's just HSTouch that I can't do that with. So port forwarding, remote access, dyndns, etc. is working.... nothing blocking remote access.

Comment

You have to explicitly allow each port via the firewall if it's enabled.

Comment

I was able to log in via internet explorer remotely whether I used port 10200 or 84. They're both open in the firewall and both port forwarded to the IP address of the Homeseer webserver - and they both work fine (using IE). The fact that I can log in remotely to either port and access Homeseer and control devices using internet explorer at least establishes that I don't have an issue with remote connection, firewalls, port-forwaridng, etc., doesn't it? It's just that I can't connect using HSTouch. In my mind, I need to know what's different about logging in via HSTouch versus logging in using an internet browser. Because one works and one doesn't. Am I wrong here?

Comment

What port do you have port 10200 forwarded to? It should be to 10200 and not your HomeSeer port.

Comment

Maybe I'm confused about port forwarding??

Here's my setup. DSL router is 192.168.0.1. Wireless router (connected via ethernet) is 192.168.1.1. Hometroller Pro S4 is connected via ethernet to DSL router, and is IP bound to 192.168.1.105, and PORT set to 84. Dedicated computer is also ethernet connected to DSL router with static IP address of 192.168.0.3. This dedicated computer is used to communicate to dyndns and establish a web address since my provider dynamically assigns my IP. I also have web cameras with static IPs, 192.168.1.126, 127, 128 port forwarded to ports 80, 81, 82 respectively.

DSL router port forwarding has me assign Ports to IP addresses (not Ports to Ports). In my DSL router, I've set port forwarding as follows:
                        Port 80 to 80 ---> 192.168.0.3
                        Port 81 to 81 ---> 192.168.0.3
                        Port 82 to 82 ---> 192.168.0.3
                        Port 84 to 84 ---> 192.168.0.3
                        Port 10200 to 10200 ---> 192.168.0.3

On my wireless router, I've set port forwarding as follows:
                        Port 80 to 80 ---> 192.168.1.126
                        Port 81 to 81 ---> 192.168.1.127
                        Port 82 to 82 ---> 192.168.1.128
                        Port 84 to 84 ---> 192.168.1.105
                        Port 10200 to 10200 ---> 192.168.1.105
                        dyndns setup telling my wireless router that my dyndns maps to 192.168.0.3.

In the port forwarding in my routers, it even half fills in the IP address for me, so I don't see how I can set Port 10200 to forward to Port 10200?

Comment

Does it help with troubleshooting if I mention again, that if I log-in via my web browser (by going to mydyndns:84 on my Android phone (over cellular, not wifi), log-in and pull up the status page, if I try to turn on/off a lamp, it works, but it also gives me an error "The server failed to communicate - try again later" - even though it's still turning the light on/off. So that's not even using HSTouch, but just using the browser on my Android phone...? That doesn't happen using IE on a windows computer.

Comment

It appears you have everything set up correctly. I wonder if your service provider is blocking access to that port.

Comment

Is there anyone who has HSTOUCH working with a DSL and wireless router (2 routers)?

Can anyone assist me with this please - someone with a similar setup perhaps that has it working?

I have a wired DSL modem, wireless router, and am struggling to get HSTOUCH to work with my Android phone?

I've got my hometroller set with a fixed IP and port on my network and am port forwarding. All of this works great from a remote computer and using Internet Explorer, but HSTouch can't connect using port 10200.

Comment

Working...
                              X