Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backlight

Been hunting around.
    Is there no way to turn off an Android backlight, hopefully remotely and via HST, maybe even by time of day?
    I tried putting a pad in the bedroom and although I can dim the display, the backlight remains on and is surprisingly bright even with the screen dimmed 100%.

Looking at an app called RemoDroid but it's not looking promising.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

It depends on the Android unit. The first version of the HS tabletop supported backlight dimming, the second did not. I have a BestBuy android tablet that can be dimmed, but not turned all the way off. That said, if your unit supports dimming/off, the following HS3 script will dim to a specified level. The "Android:Android7" is the client name. The .38 is the dim level. In my case, anything .38 or lower is off, but that varies from unit to unit.
    Code:
    Sub Main(Parms As Object)
        hs.PluginFunction("HSTouch Server", "", "ClientAction", {89,"Android:Android7",".38",""})
    End Sub
    Fred

HomeSeer Pro 3.0.0.548, HS3Touch, Zwave 3.0.1.252, Envisalink DSC 3.0.0.40, WeatherXML, Z-stick, HS phone, Way2Call

Comment

Thanks. I'll give that a try. Seems to me though I tried Rich's version several years ago to no avail. I do have two different models of pad now, so I'll try this with the newer ones.
      Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Wade,
        are you STILL trying to get that? I've not been on here seriously for at least a year and remember threads where you were mucking with this. I think...or I'm getting old and forgetful?

Above comments are correct, depends on the unit.

This is what I ended up using:
        http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...usive-t3037380 (on this thread there IS a link to the play store if you would rather use that then a side loaded apk)

Works well on all my rooted devices from my crappiest tablets to me best.
        Hope that helps!

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Check out the App "Twighlight".

I use it with the optional backlight dimming from 9pm-7am (2hr transition, had to get pro for that).

In addition to the dimming, it removes blue light as well.

I run a another app called F.lux on my Windows Kodi media center and it does the same thing for my TV's.

Comment

Check out "Screen Standby # Root" in the Play Store, it allows the screen to go completely black (no backlight) or anywhere in between while not actually putting your tablet to sleep. The touch screen is still active allowing the screen to brighten with just a touch and your right back where you were with no delays. Lots of options for different setups and displays.
            John

Comment

Working...
            X