Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ameridan View Post
    Hi Jon,

Just downloaded this app today and when I try to pull up the config web page I get this...

4/13/2014 8:03:45 PM Jon00_RCCNM Error - Cannot find ARP.EXE
    4/13/2014 8:03:45 PM Jon00_RCCNM Error in ASPX function - Block 7: (Object reference not set to an instance of an object.)

Should I just forget it, or is this something that is resolvable?
    Please read the Q & A section in the docs.
    Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon,
      that resolved my issue.

Comment

Hi Jon00,

I noticed this in my log from version .81 of HS3.

18/04/2014 12:04:14 PM ~!~Error~!~Saving INI file: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. File:C:\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Jon00RCCNMData.ini

This repeats lots.
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor

After trying to update the HSTouch plugin to the latest one last night and failing (didn't know you needed .80 and didn't check the logs until later on :/ ) I deleted and uninstalled the old hstouch plugin thinking it might be a locked file or something.
          Anyway, now I'm on beta .81 and the new hstouch plugin and I get the error below every few seconds.
          But all devices seem to be working ok.

Apr-18 07:11:17 Jon00_RCCNM Error in updateVD subroutine Block 5: (Conversion from string "4/18/2014 12:12:50 AM" to type 'Date' is not valid.)

Cheers
          J

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
            Hi Jon00,

I noticed this in my log from version .81 of HS3.

18/04/2014 12:04:14 PM ~!~Error~!~Saving INI file: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. File:C:\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Jon00RCCNMData.ini

This repeats lots.
            I know Rich made some changes to the hs.SaveIniSetting command....however I do not see the issue here. I don't know what the error means unfortunately. Shut down HS3 and rename the Jon00RCCNMData.ini file to something else. The program will then create a new file when you restart.
            Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
              After trying to update the HSTouch plugin to the latest one last night and failing (didn't know you needed .80 and didn't check the logs until later on :/ ) I deleted and uninstalled the old hstouch plugin thinking it might be a locked file or something.
              Anyway, now I'm on beta .81 and the new hstouch plugin and I get the error below every few seconds.
              But all devices seem to be working ok.

Apr-18 07:11:17 Jon00_RCCNM Error in updateVD subroutine Block 5: (Conversion from string "4/18/2014 12:12:50 AM" to type 'Date' is not valid.)

Cheers
              J
              Looks like the continuing regional settings bug issue.

Try this: http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...&postcount=104
              Jon

Comment

Sorry to trouble you on a bank holiday, cheers for that!!

Comment

Sorry Jon, replacing the file hasn't made any difference

Comment

Not sure I can help then.

If you look at the error date, it is in US format not UK format. That's the issue.

Conversion from string "4/18/2014 12:12:50 AM" to type 'Date' is not valid
                    Jon

Comment

Yeah I noticed that. It's a new windows 8.1 install that's just done a big update. It's screwed my itunes library up also. I'll have a look at the region settings.

Cheers
                      J

Comment

Some of the date/times got messed up. Changed the "create device" on the config page to 0 on each one to delete, then back to 1.
                        All the errors are gone!
                        Cheers
                        J

Comment

Hi Jon,

More just an FYI than anything else, but it looks like (at least in my system) the ini functions are not working correctly.

I had tried renaming the file as per your suggestion, or deleting it and both gave the same errors eventually:

Saving INI file: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. File:C:\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Jon00RCCNMData.ini
                          HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

It's probably related to the other issues with ini files under .81 beta. I know Rich did make changes to speed up the saving of data to ini files which were included in the latest beta.
                            Jon

Comment

Hi Jon,

I updated to the latest version, but have kept my previous config files (so really just updated the scripts and so on). I noted in my log that I am getting errors as per below, even though I can confirm the file does exist:

Apr-30 12:32:58 PM Jon00_RCCNM Error: Cannot find Jon00RCCNM_MonitorHS3.vben in the scripts directory

Is there a version check feature or something similar that I should be updating given I did not copy across the (new) config files to get this working?

I should note it does seem like sometimes the intrusion stuff works, other times it does not so I don't think this problem is all or nothing. I did forget about the scripts too lol, and got some very loud TTS about unknown devices (which have been added) lol.

This has largely been working quite well on my system, the other thing I did notice is the following error, it appears to happen when I try to do something by script, but if I try it through an immediate script command it (seems) to work fine:

Apr-30 10:52:34 AM Error A call was made to save a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8840) but that global variable has not been defined. Apr-30 10:52:34 AM Warning A call was made to retrieve a global variable (Jon00RCCNMPort8840) but that global variable has not been defined

Comment

The changes I made from the first release version to the latest are miniscule and would not cause those errors. I don't even create a global variable with that name!

Does the error script exist in the scripts directory?

I assume you are on the latest HS3 beta?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X