No announcement yet.

30ft LED Christmas lights $3.90 w/shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To bad this year I won't have any time to do Xmas lights. Had fun last year with the electric Xmas tree and sharing with you guys.

One thought I've been thinking about is LED Tape light all the way around the perimeter of the house. Thinking of securing the tape light to the bottom side of the facia tin. All one would need for a daily basis would be warm white, but a RGB type would be good for the holiday seasons and events.

This past summer we did get a new southern Xmas tree. With the long icicle lights, I think this palm will do just right.

Here's a pic of the type of tree it is.
    Attached Files
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Very nice Charlie.

Here trying the 1.5 X 4.5 meter net LED lights to see. Looks to have same controller as last years lights; so will probably be modifying it.

Weather / temperatures here were ideal for outside decorating a few days back although it was raining. Yesterday here temps started in the 40's early morning. By 11 AM it was snowing (sleeting) and temps had dropped to 30 degrees. Windy.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Installed the net LED lamps shown above. Works fine. The controller now has a memory which works when I shut off the LEDs via the automation switch. The two sets I purchased replaces some 8-10 sets of net incandescent lights which typically would cost $10 or more each and would fall apart before January. Last years LED el cheap strings did work but I had to modify the controllers such that they remained on. They were so cheap that I threw them out at the end of the season. This year though the same LED lighting was $10 for each set.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

The newest net lights mentioned above held up fine now for over a month. I had quit doing the trees because they got a bit too tall. These will work fine with trees maybe.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Update - 11th of March 2015 to very first purchase of these LED lights.

This email came to my email box a few minutes ago.

Hello,

We’ve recently learned that the following product(s) may pose a fire hazard:

NexScene 8 Modes 10M 100 LED String Fairy Light for Wedding Christmas Party Holiday(White)

Our records indicate you purchased the item(s) through the Amazon.com website in the following order(s):

If you still have this product, we strongly recommend that you stop using the item immediately. There’s no need for you to return the product.

We're applying a gift card for the purchase price to Your Account. You can view your gift card balance and activity here (please allow a few days for this gift card to appear):
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Just looked and I got a $13 credit for these. Amazon is good stuff and stands behind so much, its a wonder how they turn a profit
              HSPro: 3.0.0.194
              PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
              HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I had pitched these LEDs after one use and modification of the controllers.

The 300 LED net light sets I purchased survived snow and I kept these this last year.

What I liked is that the programming remained in memory after powering off the lights.

The net lights were so large that all I needed was two of them for the front evergreen bushes. (which are some 12-15 feet of multiple everygreen bushes on either side of the front door)
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Update - December, 2015

Using my old Freewire outdoor Black and Decker X10 devices again this year. Working well.

I had saved the large net LED lamps from last year for this year. Only using two sets for the front evergreen bushes and they are working as well as last year.

I had stored each set in one plastic bag. It was very easy to put them up. I always had issues with the smaller older style net lighting unravelling for use.

Still using the older C9 incandescent lamps. They are a bit fragile and noticed that they do give off some heat.

I have over the last few years gone to LEDs never really liking anything that I tried. (it was low on the WAF).

Still have the EL lighting stuff I purchased. Not really bright enough last year so not using them this year.

I put candles in the front windows which are HV powered and X10 switched. I tried some 2-3 different types of LED replacement bulbs and didn't like any of them. Noticed this year that dimmable Edison style LED bulbs are available and may try those. I am using one LED candle which works on 4 batteries and it has a timer which runs 5 hours a night for 30 days. It would be nice to see some wireless control for these such that I could remote them all in unison.
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Have you had trouble with the Freewire outdoor switches and LED lights? I am using one for 3 strings of C7 leds. Unless I add a bigger load to the string like a few incandescents or this year I added a small wall wart power supply, they don't turn off completely.
                    I guess I will just have to add more LEDs until they shut off.

Steve

Comment

Have you had trouble with the Freewire outdoor switches and LED lights?

no.

I started playing with the LED Christmas lamps when first available and did always mix them with the incandescent lighting over the years.

Mostly due to WAF I did abandon the use of the first generation of the LED lamps. Junk throw away big box store stuff mostly (and bit expensive).

In 2013 tried some new net LED lighting. More junk and not really safe stuff to use. I did modify the controller boards to get them to work to my satisfaction and made them a bit more safe (?). In 2014 purchased these large 300 LED net style LED lamps. They are a bit better made and the color is just right on these. I am using one net per Freewire outdoor switch and they shut off fine from what I can see. Maybe it is the power draw of the 300 LEDs?

Tested shutting them off while watching the CCTV view and I do not see any light from the LED lamps when I do this.

I returned to using old C9 outdoor incandescent lighting for the gutter lamps after trying the C7 similiar style LED lamps one year due to WAF.
                      Last edited by Pete; December 1, 2015, 08:13 PM.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                      X