HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cpapakon View Post
    Yup was the fierwall. But I don't get why?? windows explorer could see the devices as DLNA streamers? What does my firewall have to do with that???
    Firewall can allow/deny UDP/TCP ports/flows at the application level, so WMP probably had approval, the PI didn't

Dirk

Comment

Upgrading to HS3 from HS2

Hi Dirk,

I'm upgrading to HS3 from HS2...downloaded your plugin for HS3. It runs the install and then I get this error.

Error, Creating plugin instance: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-{0x3E}Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422 The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422).

It never adds it to the plugins screen. I've got Network Discovery on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
      Philip

Comment

Originally posted by pabbott@cpak.com View Post
        Hi Dirk,

I'm upgrading to HS3 from HS2...downloaded your plugin for HS3. It runs the install and then I get this error.

Error, Creating plugin instance: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.-{0x3E}Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422 The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422).

It never adds it to the plugins screen. I've got Network Discovery on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
        Philip
        Have you tried restarting the PC? Seen Windows fail on occasion for absolutely no reason, typically restart fixed it or UPNP.DLL is not running.

Dirk

Comment

Plugin Start Problem

Restarted windows still no luck. Still get on startup.

11/29/2014 12:21:57 AM ~!~Error~!~Error, Creating plugin instance: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422 The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422).Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
          Philip

Comment

Restarted windows still no luck. Still get on startup.

11/29/2014 12:21:57 AM ~!~Error~!~Error, Creating plugin instance: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.->Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E2085F28-FEB7-404A-B8E7-E659BDEAAA02} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070422 The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422).Startup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
            Philip
            OK, here are the standard questions:

- which version of Windows?
            - Do you have SDDP and UPNP enabled? << most likely problem!
            - Did you delete or remove UPNP.DLL by any chance
            - Anything special about this PC? VMs?
            - Was HS2 running on this PC? If so, is the HS2 PI still running properly?
            - If all of the above is OK, did you try disabling your antivirus?
            - Is this PI running as administrator?

Dirk

Comment

Got it working

I'm running on Server 2012 in a VM...Apparently it needs a good bit of tweaking for the UPNP and network discovery to work. Need to start the following services and set to automatic start.

DNS Client
              Function Discovery Resource Publication
              SSDP Discovery
              UPNP Device Host

Thanks for the direction and assistance

Philip

Comment

I'm running on Server 2012 in a VM...Apparently it needs a good bit of tweaking for the UPNP and network discovery to work. Need to start the following services and set to automatic start.

DNS Client
                SSDP Discovery
                UPNP Device Host

Philip
                What else is in this VM instance? Is HS3 in the same or other VM instance (meaning you run the PI local or remote)? Does the HS2 version work in this same VM instance? My best bet is that the UPNP.DLL is a non registered DLL in this VM or the Interop.UPNPLib.DLL should be placed somewhere (not an expert here either) or registered.

Dirk

Comment

DNS Client
                  SSDP Discovery
                  UPNP Device Host

Philip
                  Maybe they should be set to manually started versus automatic (???) Try to run WMP in this VM and then start the PI

Dirk

Comment

It's working

It works fine now that I auto started those services. Thanks Dirk!

Philip

Comment

New and totally FREE version 3.0.0.15 posted

Changes to v3.0.0.15
                      • AlbumArt filenames have a sequence which is now stored in the .ini file so restart of the PI doesn't cause caching issues w/ new HS3 version (.148)
                      • Added a button to the State device called Play-Pause that can be used to toggle a player between non-play (stopped or paused) and play. You need to delete the player and have it recreate for the button to show up
                      • Made a minor change to the "unlink" feature. The player will now ungroup, regardless whether the player is the master or a slave to this group
                      • Removed the "free until" restriction. This version is completely free and most likely will be the last version, no more bug fixes, no more added features, no support for HSTouch's MediaAPI. Version 3.1 is in the works which will remove the dependency on the Windows UPNP.DLL Component and will pave the way to run on Linux. Any future stuff will be based on version 3.1.x

Comment

Can't get TTS to play via Sonos

I have been trying everything in this thread to get my TTS to go through my Sonos system and it will not work for me. Here is the error I'm seeing:

12/2/2014 11:52:19 AM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in AddAnnouncementToQueue for LinkGroupName = TTS. SourceZone was not found.

Anyone come across this error? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Also I noticed that I can't add an entry into the Linkgroup Configuration Table. I click on Add Entry and it does absolutely nothing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

HS3 Sonoscontroller beta testing forum

Hi,

Here's a picture of my link group. This may help you on setting it up ( when the button does something of course)

I would wait for a reply from Dirk, support from him is second to none. May be a few hours or so as I believe he is based in California, so time differences apply.

You won't be disappointed with this PI it's superb!

Cheers

SteveClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417544718.515433.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1175396
                          Steve

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I'm excited to start using this PI. I'm sure the developer will get me up and rolling soon.

Comment

Originally posted by rweber93 View Post
                              I have been trying everything in this thread to get my TTS to go through my Sonos system and it will not work for me. Here is the error I'm seeing:

12/2/2014 11:52:19 AM ~!~Sonos Error~!~Error in AddAnnouncementToQueue for LinkGroupName = TTS. SourceZone was not found.

Also I noticed that I can't add an entry into the Linkgroup Configuration Table. I click on Add Entry and it does absolutely nothing.
                              Which HS3 version do you have? Go to latest if you can, there is a bug in how it treats .ini files which I suspect is your problem.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by rweber93 View Post

See this thread http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...43#post1140343

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X