New guy with some A/V gear questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy with some A/V gear questions

Just moved in and I'm renovating the previous owner's TV room into a full fledged home theater room. Currently plan on having the system control my A/V gear, three light circuits, and 1 ceiling fan. I have the lighting questions covered in a different thread. I want to make sure I'm looking at getting the right gear for operating my A/V gear. I have a receiver that will accept a remote control input jack on the back, but my projector, PS3, Xbox360, and cable box are all IR. I plan to have all the gear in a rack hidden behind my seating area against and parallel with the wall so it will not have line of sight to the screen (reflected IR) or to a person holding the remote. At this time I plan on using a tablet as a universal remote control.

What controller would you recommend SE3 or S5?

What would you recommend for IR, individual wired emitters, or go with a blaster and mount it on the wall a couple of feet in front of the rack?

Which IR unit do you recommend? I will have Ethernet wiring available.

Is that all I will need or am I overlooking something?

I'd go with the IP2IR or WF2IR by Itach. They work really well and can pretty much control everything, be tied into homeseer for automation and work with a sweet iOS app called rookie that can be that big ole universal control you're looking for.

Comment

Do they have a Android version of the app? I don't have any Apple tablets or phones?

Does the IP2IR have the ability to learn from another remote or do I need to buy a separate device to learn the codes?

Comment

the IP2IR has a learning port but the codes are available to just paste in either from the itach database or by opening a trouble ticket. They were very responsive.

Comment

Working...
        X