How to speak to a Control Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to speak to a Control Pad

I have several WFTT07-2 Android control Pads from HS and I would like to have the system speak or play a wav etc. when a certain event happens. I can set up the event to speak a sentence with no problem but it only plays on my HomeTroller S6-Pro devices speakers. How do I select a WFTT07 device (or several / all of them) in the event so it outputs over the built in speakers of those devices?
    I have S6-Pro Windows with the latest HS3 and HSTouch software. It must be simple but I cant see how to do it.

In your event you need to specify which speaker client you want to speak. You do this with the "Edit Speaker Client" button. All speaker clients connected to HS3 will be listed there. Just select the one you want to speak and remove the ones you don't want talking.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Thanks I didn't see the Advanced option. Now I see how to select the devices. However that brings up another question. The 1st part (1st two words in this case) of the speech on the HS Android device gets cut off. However on my Windows client which is on a PC speaks all the words just fine. Does anyone know how to fix that other than adding a pause to the beginning each time?

Comment

I'm sorry to say that this is not a problem I personally experience so I can be of no assistance. Sounds like an issue with your speaker client's connection though.

Comment

I brought this up in another thread, the homeseer table top touch screen version two I bought does the same thing. It seams the audio circuit goes to sleep or something. The first button push makes no sound but all the following ones do provided that they are in succession. I only miss the first letter in the first word when speaking though.
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Well if that's the case I guess you need to preface every message sent to one of these contraptions with a period. Unfortunate.

Comment

Yes that is the conclusion I came to as well. It appears it needs time to "wake up" before it can speak. It seems more and more like a hardware issue. Do you know if anyone has reported this to HS yet? I will send them an email now on it.

Comment

Working...
              X