This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error adding new line

My Asterisk PBX crashed and I moved everything to a web based hosting company. I am trying to add the lines into the plugin. Everytime I try I get the following error in the web browser:

Server Error in '/' Application.<hr color="silver" size="1" width="100%">

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<table bgcolor="#ffffcc" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <code>
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration></pre></code> </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
    Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<table bgcolor="#ffffcc" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> <code>
    <!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration></pre></code></td></tr></tbody></table>

I don't have much else to go on - there is nothing showing in the HS2 log.

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
    The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
    Try again using a browser running on the HomeSeer server... to get the error message.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Unfortunately I get the same output when running the browser on my homeseer machine. I used Chrome. Not sure what is going on here?

Comment

Unfortunately, if we can't get the real error message, it's very hard to understand what could be happening.

Did you use the http://127.0.0.1 local address, or your public IP address ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

I used the 192.168.X.X address - I can try the localhost address if you think this will make a difference? Also, I could completely uninstall the plugin and then reinstall?

Comment

Honestly I don't know... usually the error message shows up when the browser is running on the server.
            --
            stipus

Comment

OK, I switched from Chrome to IE and started to get more. I got the following error when I was setting up the main Settings page of the plugin. One other note - after I run updater to reinstall the plugin, and then restart homeseer I get the following message in the log:

3/22/2016 4:40:53 PM - Updater - Starting installation of updates
              3/22/2016 4:40:53 PM - Updater - Applying update: SIP VoIP Connector
              3/22/2016 4:40:53 PM - Updater - Extracting files from zip file: hspi_sip.zip
              3/22/2016 4:40:53 PM - Updater - Extraction Complete.
              3/22/2016 4:40:53 PM - Updater Warning - File exists, not overwriting: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer 2\Config\SIP Connector.lf
              3/22/2016 4:40:53 PM - Updater - Installation of updates completed

Hopefully some of this will help?

Code:
              Server Error in '/' Application. 

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
              Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
                 GeneralSettings.m_applyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1745
                 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +78
                 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +100
                 System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
                 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
                 System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
                 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2863
              Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the null reference exception doesn't give me a clue on what could be happening !

The other warning message is normal: the installer doesn't overwrite the .lf file (licence file).
                --
                stipus

Comment

Is this any help. I get this when I check the lines. Also, when I click on any of the pages of the plugin they all come up blank - yet the ini file does appear to contain all of the settings.

3/22/2016 5:20:36 PM - Error - Running script, script run or compile error in file: sip_check_lines.vbs424:Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)' in line 7 More info: Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)'

Line 7 of the script:

result = hs.Plugin("SIP Connector").Registered

Comment

It looks like the plugin is not correctly initialized by HomeSeer.

There is no error appearing in the HS log if you disable and re-enable the plugin ?
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

The plugin wasn't even showing in Setup so I went into the directory, deleted all of the relevant files except the license, re-ran the updater and then restarted and I am back in business. I did notice that the config file was showing three extensions yet only two were showing in the setup - perhaps this file was corrupted.

Everything is working now - I am getting this error message:

3/22/2016 8:31:31 PM - SIP Debug - SIP#Homeseer: Error parsing SIP Notify: dialog-info/dialog/state XML node not found

But it doesn't appear to causing any issues. Any thoughts on this one?

Comment

Thanks for the info.

The error message you are getting, happens when the plugin receives an incomplete SIP NOTIFY message from the SIP PBX. You can safely ignore it.
                        --
                        stipus

Comment

i am having another issue - I don't know if it is related. My provider keeps blocking my IP because there are too many requests coming through. When I disable the Stipus plugin everything is fine. I have a number of SIP phones throughout the house that seem to be registering fine. Is there anything in the settings or log I can use to figure out why the plugin is repeatedly trying to connect? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X