X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeatherDisplay Scripts

Attached, modified Weather Display scripts for use with HS3

Usage :
    1. create Virtual devices (see names in .txt file(s)
    2. Unzip txt files into Scripts folder
    3. Edit the txt files and replace the device ID
    4. create one event that run the script(s) every minute

I'm going to write detailled documentation
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Country Code 32
    Hardware :
    Aeon Labs zstick, Insteon Hub, RFXCOM Lan, Current Cost Envi R, Davis Vantage Pro II, Boltek Storm detector
    Software :
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.54
    Weather Display 10.37R build 78
    NextStorm 1.8
    Plugins :
    HSTouch server 3.0.0.11, android client 1.0.0.44
    Zwave 3.0.0.60 : 2 Siegenia CO2 Sensors, 12 Fibaro Wall Plug, 4 Fibaro Smoke sensors, 2 Everspring Flood sensors, 1 Everspring ST814 Temp Humidity sensor, 3 Aeon Labs repeters
    Current Cost 3.0.0.9 (disabled)
    Insteon 3.0.3.13 : 15 On/off plugs, 3 Dimmer Plugs, 2 Open/close sensors, 2 Motion sensors
    BLLAN 2.0.9.0
    RFXCOM 30.0.0.5 : 6 Oregon Scientific temperature/humidity sensors
    HSPI_CCOST3P 1.0.0.3
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scripts : Reading of Weather Display datas (self modified for HS3 from HS2 version)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by edd056; January 17, 2014, 12:50 AM.

Thanks a lot!

Brilliant, another important step towards replacing my HS2 installation...

Comment

WeatherDisplay Scripts

Great stuff, was worried about this one not being done for HS3.
      Greatly appreciated

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
      Steve

Comment

WeatherDisplay Scripts

Hi

What am I doing wrong here? . I have the weatheroutside.txt script edited to point to the dailylogcsv file and appears to be updating ok. I have created these virtual devices manually (I think that's correct) and use the same letter and number (w1 for example ) as shown in the script . I have tried to manually configure the device decimal place and the value offset but cannot seem to get the temp or the other values to display correctly. Anyone have any examples of their weatheroutside text script and virtual device settings I could take a look at. I am missing the obvious here :-(

I also notice that the script is missing things like monthly rain. Does this have to be added to the script to suit your own requirements

Steve
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Stevieboy; February 7, 2014, 02:42 PM. Reason: Line removed
        Steve

Comment

Weather Display scripts

Yes, the devices are to be manualy created

Indoor Temperature is managed by the other script (Weatherinside), and Solar datas by the third script if you have solar sensors
          I don't have added the monthly rain field because not used by me, i use only rain of the day to trigger irrigation need
          See attached screenshot
          Jacques

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Country Code 32
          Hardware :
          Aeon Labs zstick, Insteon Hub, RFXCOM Lan, Current Cost Envi R, Davis Vantage Pro II, Boltek Storm detector
          Software :
          HS3 Pro 3.0.0.55
          Weather Display 10.37R build 80
          NextStorm 1.8
          Plugins :
          HSTouch server 3.0.0.17, android client 1.0.0.52
          Zwave 3.0.0.64 : 2 Siegenia CO2 Sensors, 12 Fibaro Wall Plug, 4 Fibaro Smoke sensors, 2 Everspring Flood sensors, 1 Everspring ST814 Temp Humidity sensor, 3 Aeon Labs repeters
          Current Cost 3.0.0.9 (disabled)
          Insteon 3.0.3.16 : 15 On/off plugs, 3 Dimmer Plugs, 2 Open/close sensors, 2 Motion sensors
          BLLAN 2.0.12.0
          RFXCOM 30.0.0.7 : 6 Oregon Scientific temperature/humidity sensors
          HSPI_CCOST3P 1.0.0.4
          Scripts : Reading of Weather Display datas (self modified for HS3 from HS2 version)
          Attached Files

Comment

Also, don't forget to edit the ID of the devices in the scripts (see screenshot) with corresponding ID of your virtual devices

Jacques
            Attached Files

Comment

WeatherDisplay Scripts

Thanks. I wondered why my values were all over the place.

How do I get wind speed to be displayed in MPH rather than KPH. Does the script need to point to a different value in the custom.txt file ?. If so, how do you modify this ?

I think I can see how you change the text in the script to say MPH but it's no good just changing that if the value pulled from client raw is KPH

I love your graphics too. Where can I find these?
              Cheers

Steve
              Steve

Comment

errst = hs.SetDeviceString(8290, windspeed & " Kmh", True)

Just edit the line and change Kmh to Mph, because the Unit don't come from the file that the script read

The Unit is in Weather Display setup

Here for the graphics (see screenshot )

Jacques
                Attached Files

Comment

WeatherDisplay Scripts

Thanks , all up and running now :-). Appreciate you sharing the script
                  Steve

Comment

WeatherDisplay Scripts

Hi all,
                    Could this script be modified to read the data directly from weather link , rather than weather link to Weather Display and the Hs3 ? I think the output file is download.txt

Looking at installing weatherlink on PC but without WD. Would still like to have devices update in Hs3

Cheers

Steve
                    Last edited by Stevieboy; May 10, 2015, 11:44 AM.
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X