Rain8Net Loses Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rain8Net Loses Address

I have a Rain8Net hardwired to Com 3 of my Hometroller [described in the signature below]. Rain8Net is configured as Address 1. Initially after setup, Rain8Net runs fine via either automated events or iphone device control. After a few days, however, the Hometroller will no longer operate the Rain8Net and the log looks like this:

7/26/2012 4:00:00 AM ~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Irrigation, Drip"
    7/26/2012 4:00:00 AM ~!~Device Control~!~Device: Sprinkler Zone 4 Street Drip Beds (]4) ON
    7/26/2012 4:00:04 AM ~!~RainRelay8~!~Warning, timed out waiting for response (on/off), is there a controller at address 1?

At 4:00 AM the day before, the event ran just fine and I can't see anything odd in the log during the 24hrs between. I then open the Interface tab, click the Config button for Rain8Net and reset the Address to 1 using the Initial Configuration "Program Controller" button. Once again I am operational for a day or 2 or 3.

I have a similar setup at another home and it works fine. Any ideas???
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Are you running the same version of HS on both setups? Check your memory usage on the one that is having issues and see if the memory is exhausted when this occurs.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No to same version, the no-problem setup is HS Standard on a Hometroller SE. How do I check memory usage; Programs/sys tools/sys info: total physical vs available physical? If so, no known Rain8Net problem at this moment, but Total Physical is 2,048 MB, Available Physical is 1.19 GB
      Last edited by Sheriff; August 2, 2012, 03:25 PM. Reason: clarity
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Disregard my previous memory stats, I must have been reading my desktop, not my VNC. My Rain8Net is still working and this is what my system memory looks like:

Processor Type and Speed:x86 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 2 at 1.49 GHzModules/Threads:131 Modules, 59 ThreadsSystem Processes/Load:27 Processes, 0% LoadFree / Total Physical Memory:624.55 MBytes / 0.99 GBytes (62% free)Free / Total Virtual Memory:1.96 GBytes / 2.00 GBytes (98% free)HomeSeer Memory Used:62 MbytesCOM Plug-In Memory Used:5 Mbytes for HS_Compatibility.
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Rupp, after my last address reset on Aug 1, the sprinkler ran fine for 5 nights and failed last night. Once again, there is nothing in the log to indicate a problem. The HS "about" tab shows that Total Physical Memory is 62% free and Total Virtual Memory is 8% free; these seem to be about what they always are.

Is it how I set it up? I am going to Interfaces, Rain8Net, Config where I see my device as Controller at 1. Without changing anything else (I don't want to lose all my named zones and events), I am disconnecting all other com port devices (as the instructions say) and at the bottom of that Config page under Initial Configuration I am setting (re-setting) the address as 1. I save, exit, save changes to HSProtect, log off, reconnect the other com ports and log back on. Everything then works again, for a few days...
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Sheriff, I had similar issues with two different Rain8Nets, where they would seem to lose their addresses (also a slave that would do the same). They also lost their watchdog timer settings. I ended up switching to OpenSprinkler (controlled via ethernet) and writing a free plugin for it. PM me if you'd like to know more.
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

Rain8Net Address Connectivity Solved

I just saw my old post and since so many have had similar problems, I'll post my fix. In my case, the hardwire link between the Rain8net controller and my CPU ran in a conduit with a 220v cable. WGL explained that the electromagnetic field was likely my problem. I re-routed my Rain8net control wire and it has performed excellently for over a year.
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Working...
              X