Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice - Should I replace my Speakercraft with Russound for whole home audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice - Should I replace my Speakercraft with Russound for whole home audio

I finally pulled the trigger on buying the Homeseer and it should work great with most of my components with the exception being my whole home audio. I currently have 2 speakercraft MZC- 66 amplifiers with 24 Klipsch speakers around the house. I have the ERS 1.0 so I can control it via iPhone, and I have the mode controllers in each zone. I do have the Sonos connect for my streaming as one of the sources. The problem is that I am not sure how to integrate any of this into Homeseer. Due to cost, I would prefer to be able to use the current system, but would consider scrapping to and replacing it with a Russound Amp and keypads but would prefer to avoid the costs.

Does anyone know how I can best use my current system, or would I be much happier overall with going with Russound due to current plugin. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Nobody has any input? I like my current setup, but really wish that it would work with Homeseer. If I can swap it out for something similar that will allow homeseer reminders and messages to transmit through it for a reasonable price, I will consider it.

Comment

I currently utilize two Russound CAA66's and one old AB8SS. I have mostly in wall speakers for Homeseer. For sub zones set up with multimedia (video) have a mixture of in ceiling, in wall and exterior mounted speakers. (5.1/7.1 stuff). The Russound amps sit on the very top of a rack I never look at these days. They have been fine now for a few years. (started with CAS44's).

I have a serial splitter on my set up to manage the audio zones with my Leviton HAI OPII panel consoles and Homeseer. I also have Russound keypads here and there.

I am thinking now too there is a plugin available for the Monoprice zoned amp which is more reasonably priced than the Russound stuff.
      Last edited by Pete; November 13, 2014, 02:44 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We just bought 2 XAP800 audio switches for a whooping $29 plus the HomeSeer scripts which cost Freehundred. I'm going to start bench testing this setup but the other HS user says it runs great.

Just 1 switch has 12 inputs and 12 outputs, so if I run both units, well y'all can do the math.
        HSPro: 3.0.0.194
        PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
        HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
          We just bought 2 XAP800 audio switches for a whooping $29 plus the HomeSeer scripts which cost Freehundred. I'm going to start bench testing this setup but the other HS user says it runs great.

Just 1 switch has 12 inputs and 12 outputs, so if I run both units, well y'all can do the math.
          Wow. That is cheap. Let me know how it works.

Comment

Here's the link to his page. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165984

Its the best write up on a solution from within this HS community that I've seen. Even talking to the gentleman the other day, he offered support if need be.

I'll be posting comments, questions, and thoughts his thread above.

Charlie
            HSPro: 3.0.0.194
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Anyone found a way to operate a speakercraft via Homeseer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The speaker craft stuff looks nice. Personally here utilize Russound. It does talk to my Leviton HAI OmniPro and Homeseer. That said the priority here has always been multimedia over automation and not automation over multimedia.

I do not know of anybody on the forum that is using a Speakercraft zoned amplifier. Looks solid and very well built. You could maybe DIY a serial interface / control to it?

I used to have custom ordered hand made custom Kilpsch Hersey speakers way long time ago. (well that and Altec Lansing Stonehedge I speakers, Nakamichi Dragon tape deck and a Thorens turntable).
                - Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                X