Install/Update of package HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install/Update of package HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller failed

I have just installed HS3 Pro on my PC. I installed the RFXCOM plugin and the z-wave plugin. The Global Cache plugin installation failed with above message, no idea why

There was another thread on this a day or two ago. It appears that the zip file is corrupt. I'm not sure if someone's contacted the help desk yet to let them know, so you may want to do so.

Cheers
    Al

PS, there's typically additional info in the HS log file as to why the install failed.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I found this in my logs:

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">May-21 11:34:19 </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater Error </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Installation of package HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update. </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-21 11:34:19 </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Updater Error </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Unable to open install.txt file for update C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller5.0.0.17 </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateLong LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> May-21 11:34:19 </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left"> </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Error </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Error unzipping C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\HomeSeer Global Cache IR Controller5.0.0.17\HSPI_GCIR_5_0_0_17.zip, Wrong Local header signature: 0x4F44213C on line 0 </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Yes, that means the zip file is corrupt.

Comment

Ok so what do I do ? Sorry my first day with HS3...

Comment

Call HS to let them know or open a Help Desk ticket: http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
              I have just installed HS3 Pro on my PC. I installed the RFXCOM plugin and the z-wave plugin. The Global Cache plugin installation failed with above message, no idea why
              Try installing the Global Cache plugin from the beta section of the updater as this issue was supposed to be fixed.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Try installing the Global Cache plugin from the beta section of the updater as this issue was supposed to be fixed.
                The beta appears to have other issues. See this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=181640

Comment

I'm trying to install this today and getting the same error! Is it still not fixed 2 months later?

I purchased the Global Cache unit from the Homeseer store but can't use it because the Homeseer provided plugin is broken. And has been for at least two months. That's not good.

Comment

Try the Pro version listed under the beta section of the updater.

Comment

Thank you! That worked. I didn't think to look in the beta section. I try to avoid being a beta "tester" but if that's the only one that works, I'll go with it

Comment

Originally posted by DC View Post
                        Thank you! That worked. I didn't think to look in the beta section. I try to avoid being a beta "tester" but if that's the only one that works, I'll go with it
                        Thanks for posting this guys. The regular version still doesnt work but was able to download the beta.

Comment

Working...
                        X