Best Homeseer Audio Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Homeseer Audio Plugin

What Audio plugin/Audio software does everyone like to use with Homeseer? Just trying to figure out which one to use.

Thanks
    J River
    14.63%
    Windows Media Player
    29.27%
    iTunes
    9.76%
    SeerAmp
    4.88%
    Other
    41.46%

I'm quite happy with the media player plugin, it has improved significantly with the latest versions and I don't think there are any open bugs.

Comment

I've been testing the squeezebox plug-in for music. I've played with itunes, and mediaplayer and jriver. So far I think the squeezebox approach is much better, it supports a wide variety of music options, and can be used with either software players or hardware players.

Homeseer itself is kind of in the way for playlist management and party mode style music playing.

That being said, if you want to use homeseer to start pre-made playlists and pause when the phone rings etc, any of the music plug-ins should work for you.
      Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I use different players for different purposes. I use BLMedia player for triggering playlists from events, like morning wakeups. I use the HS Media player in HSTouch for playing single tunes or albums (since it integrates nicely with HSTouch) Mostly though for listening to music or when guests are over, I shut down HSTouch and start up a simple multizone jukebox player.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I use the Distributed Media Player.
          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=11

It's a set of advanced scripts for the Script Connector plugin. From any computer in the house, you can control playback on any other computer
          --
          stipus

Comment

Definity BLMediaPlayer get's the win in my view.

Simple to use and fast. Also has the ability to play to any computer running the speaker client!

Shame, it wasn't even an option.
            Bryan
            Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
            Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

I switched from the JR Media Player to Microsoft's media player. There was mention of improving the JR plugin but it wasn't happening. I've been looking at other touchscreen jukebox player software but haven't found anything I really like yet.
              John

Comment

You may want to put the squeezebox plugin in your poll. I think it's quite popular.

Comment

I am a Music & Media Maestro LSX user.

Thanks,
                  Dave

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                    You may want to put the squeezebox plugin in your poll. I think it's quite popular.
                    Polls that don't include most of the popular options are not worth polling. I'll put out a poll for what is your favorite computer vendor and I'll only list Apple, Dell, and HP....
                    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Well I guess you can take one off the JR selection. I am using JRMC but not the plug-in. Sorry, I voted before my brain woke up.

Brian

Comment

Squeezebox!!

Comment

Originally posted by dhanford View Post
                          I am a Music & Media Maestro LSX user.

Thanks,
                          Dave

+1 here, beautiful interface
                          HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

If you intend to use HSTouch for music selection, make sure the plug-in works with it for track selection. If the plug-in uses the HomeSeer music API, it will work.
                            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have to go with iTunes for the simple reason of having an iPhone and iPad. The remote app for the iPhone makes music throughout the house a real breeze, so I don't really use the iTunes plugin on the iPhone, but on other computers throughout the house the iTunes plugin with HSTouch is nice.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X