Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1

In my log, I see

Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.

what do I have set wrong on the PC - why won't it speak through the PC speaker? I also can't see where to install/activate/download the audio client - how does that work?
    Last edited by mlevin77; August 23, 2015, 06:10 PM.

HS3 has to connect to the speaker client and by default it uses the default user account. Did you change the default users password? If so you need to change it in the speaker clients Options > General tab.
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Aha! now at least I know where this is done. But it's not working: I've added the username/password of an admin account and its log still says "Error, unable to connect: not authorized"!

Comment

Firewall maybe? AntiVirus? Your best bet is to turn off your firewall during testing or it should prompt your for a new connection that is required.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Firewall maybe? AntiVirus? Your best bet is to turn off your firewall during testing or it should prompt your for a new connection that is required.
          nope :-( I don't have AntiVirus and when I turn of Firewall, nothing is different. I've retyped the password to the admin account a bunch of times; it just doesn't work! Keeps giving me the Not Authorized. What else could it be?

Comment

Originally posted by mlevin77 View Post
            In my log, I see

Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.

what do I have set wrong on the PC - why won't it speak through the PC speaker? I also can't see where to install/activate/download the audio client - how does that work?
            The client is included with the HomeSeer package, it is not available as a separate installer package. It won't speak until a client is connected. Rupp has covered some bases, but a little more information might help.
            • What operating system are you running?
            • What version of HS3 are you running?
            • Can you provide a screenshot of your speaker client as below?

The first screenshot is of a my client running on a computer and connecting to another computer running the HS3 server.

The second screenshot is of the client running on the host. I have deleted the default user and password, yet it still will successfully connect.

The log entries of the two clients are simple:

Aug-24 7:16:13 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: HA1 Instance: Default IP address: 127.0.0.1
            Aug-24 7:03:56 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: XPS17 Instance: Default IP address: 192.168.2.58
            Attached Files
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

> What operating system are you running?

Windows 7

> What version of HS3 are you running?

> Can you provide a screenshot of your speaker client as below?

attached.

I'm only doing this on one machine (the same one running HS3).
              Attached Files

Comment

Speaker host connection: where is username set?

I'm one step closer. I figured out that what the audio client app wanted for accounts was the HS3 user account, not a Windows login account (duh...). So now the audio client says "Connected" - great. But in the log to HS3, it keeps saying

Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: xxx User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.

and naming the old username. Clearly it's set somewhere that I haven't changed yet, but where is it set?? I can't seem to find it on any of the menus.

Comment

Did you find a solution to your Issue ?

I have exactly the same issue and do not see a reply to your last post. Did you get an answer ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by durango View Post
                    I have exactly the same issue and do not see a reply to your last post. Did you get an answer ? Thanks
                    nothing works. The sound is not working on the main system itself, and it disconnects the audio clients constantly. I have not figured out a reliable way to get sound notification in various rooms yet.

Comment

Originally posted by durango View Post
                      I have exactly the same issue and do not see a reply to your last post. Did you get an answer ?

Thanks
                      What's the exact error you are receiving?

Comment

Looks to be a firewall issue?

It should run fine on the W7 desktop.

For remote wintel HSTouch client / speaker clients I create a directory with the following stuff. You do not need all of these files for the HSTouch client in Windows. You only need the HSTouch dot exe file. For speaker dot exe you need the files in the directory you see in the attached image.

Note the speaker HS3 files are old HS3 files and you should be using current files. I never changed them here and these files are still working for me with a few remote speaker clients.

Here I use RDP to a Wintel server that is configured for HSTouch designer. I did this so that I can get to the designer from wherever and using mostly Ubuntu these days.

I just created a user on the HS3 web page for HSTouch/Speaker clients and use that user and password for both HSTouch and HS Speaker.

While playing here configured RDP sound such that I could hear it on my Ubuntu desktop.

Fiddling a bit I was able to get all of the speech fonts working via RDP. Note this is talking to a Wintel 32 bit server.

TTS sound quality is OK but not as good as at the source.

Note that the images below are all taken from an RDP session to my HSDesigner server running Windows 2003.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Pete; November 23, 2015, 12:23 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator
                        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                          Note that the images below are all taken from an RDP session to my HSDesigner server running Windows 2003.
                          the last image(s), with windows called "Speech Properties" - where do you find that? I'm on Windows 7. Is this a Windows thing or an HS3 thing?

Comment

It is the SAPI (speech) control applet in Windows 2003 32bit server.

It is the same for Windows 7. See attached pictures.

Control panel ==> Speech Recognition ==> Advanced speech options

Whatever voice font you utilize in speaker dot exe will supersede the one you have in W7 SAPI control panel.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pete; December 1, 2015, 05:15 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                            X