Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon00 Remote Computer Control & Network Monitor (HS2, HS3 & HS4)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found it.

Thanks anyway Jon. I found that the status script was not finishing for the clients before I started the network one. Once I set it to let the script finish first everything started working fine.

Comment

Installing Network Monitor error Script compile error in encrypted

Created event and when the event runs i get the following error.

"Script compile error in encrypted script"

I am running v1.2.3 of your scrips
      HomeSeer version is: 2.5.0.80
      on HomeTroller that runs the XP embed system.

I have search for this but everything i see looks real old problem.
      the configuration page comes up and works it seems that the event scrip is having the problem

Comment

That version is 14 months old. Would you please update to the latest version (V1.2.8.5) which you can download from my site.
        Jon

Comment

Encrypted script error

I updated to the latest version from your site and still getting the same problem.
          The date of the 1/28/13
          4/29/2013 8:40:56 AM Event Running script in background: Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("network","")
          4/29/2013 8:40:59 AM Error Script compile error in encrypted script

I am using a hometroller and it windows XP Embedded version 2002 service pack 2.
          from homeseer

Comment

Bob,

This is going to be tricky to diagnose as the error has been caught by Homeseer's recently implemented encrypted script wrapper.

The error is normally thrown if you do not have the correct scripting references in your settings.ini. I don't think the script actually needs any but we need to eliminate it anyway.

Open up Settings.ini in a text editor and then follow the instructions here.

Restart Homeseer and then run the script. Do you get the same error?
            Jon

Comment

I already try that

i did search that before i posted and tried that. I will post the section of the ini file that i am using.

Did not change the error.

[Settings]
              ScriptingReferences=system.XML;System.XML.dll,System.Data;Sy stem.Data.dll,System.Web;System.web.dll,System.Drawing;Syste m.Drawing.dll,System.Management;System.Management.dll
              app_path=D:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2

Comment

Install Service Pack 3?

Comment

Originally posted by bobsegal View Post
                  i did search that before i posted and tried that. I will post the section of the ini file that i am using.

Did not change the error.

[Settings]
                  ScriptingReferences=system.XML;System.XML.dll,System.Data;Sy stem.Data.dll,System.Web;System.web.dll,System.Drawing;Syste m.Drawing.dll,System.Management;System.Management.dll
                  app_path=D:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2
                  Read the Q & A section about arp.exe

If that is also installed, I will have to dig out my old Hometroller 1 and see if I can replicate the issue.
                  Jon

Comment

Have arp working it is scripts error

i have the arp and the setup working it is the recouring event that is giving me problems

Running script in background: Jon00RCCNM_A.vben("network","")
                    Script compile error in encrypted script

I can not do any updates becasuse homeseer has them disable so not sure where to turn.

Thanks for you help.

Comment

Bob,

Apologies but I cannot look at this until the weekend as I need to blow the dust off my old Hometroller.

As for updates, you can always download the latest from http://homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm
                      Jon

Comment

I finally got my Hometroller 1 to boot up and can confirm the encrypted script error.

Version 1.2.8.6 is now available which should rectify this issue.
                        Jon

Comment

got past the error messsage now working

now have to fig out how to setup ping timeout working

thanks for the help

Comment

Jon,

Is there a way to run a macro when your application boots up on the client such that I can write a text file with custom information on it?

Reason is that when I boot a wintel client I have it doing an "overlay" of information on the screen identifying the client using BGInfo. Just basics right now relating to OS and stuff. I added a custom text reading the configuration file of your client application and it works well but is more than I need.

The "about" information would work well which includes author, build listening port, IP address and NIC stuff.

Actually it would also be nice to utilize your remote client application via the touch client externally to get information to the HSTouch client screen locally rather than through the connection back to HS. I guess it really doesn't matter though.
                            - Pete

Auto mator
                            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

No, there is no provision for that. Would the popup message screen be any good for this?
                              Jon

Comment

Didn't think of that; yup a defined HSTouch button running your application externally providing a pop up message would also work.

Can one pop up message be captured and converted to a JPG file such that I can define a local HSTouch button to present the JPG file?
                                - Pete

Auto mator
                                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                                X