Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firmware upgrade help

Hoping some of the experts here might be able to help:-

I bought a used Way2Call on eBay, installed the latest drivers from the Way2Call website, and had it mostly working with Homeseer v3 running on Windows 8. I had a few issues getting it to recognise UK caller ID and thought I would update to the latest firmware (4.03.36) to see if that helped.

So I ran up an XP virtual machine under parallels and ran the Way2Call firmware ugrade utility, following their instructions to browse to the new .inf/.sys files that came with the firmware upgrade download.

I now have a USB Device in Device Manager called "Hi-Phone Desktop USB Loader". If I plug it into my Homeseer machine, I get a USB Unknown Device (left the same drivers installed as were in place before).

I can't get past this point, despite trying lots of driver installs/uninstalls, plugging and unplugging on the XP machine and the Windows 8 machine. If I re-run the firmware upgrade software I get a "Device Open Error -20" (seems to mean 'can't connect to device').

Can anyone offer any insight/things to try/ideas to get the thing recognised as it used to be? Can't find any clues on the Way2Call website and their email support is somewhat slow.

Thanks in advance,

Jon.

Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Comment

Hi Jon,

Did you get anywhere with this ?

Tim
        Win 11 Pro | HS4 Pro | Z wave plug in with UZB1 | BLUSBUIRT 2.0.11.0 | RFXtrx433 | Blue Iris CCTV | VU+ 4k with motorised dish | Emby | Hi-Phone HS2 | ESP32 with WLED |

Comment

Hi,

I'm waiting for the second unit to arrive. I haven't had any success in getting the first unit out of it's unusable state.

Way2call support had a half-hearted go at helping, but basically sent me the 'how to update the firmware pdf' which I already had. No use as the firmware update application just says 'connection error' and stops there.

Good job it wasn't more expensive - if I'd paid much more for it I would be really upset at the waste!

Cheers,

Jon.

Comment

Working...
          X