X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

Mark,

Thanks for the reply on the General Insteon forum about the duplicate log messages. I will be sure to post here in the future.

I have recently gotten disillusioned with some of my Z-Wave sensors and in general I am having much better luck with Insteon. I have a Z-Wave Aeon Multi-sensor that I cannot flash with new firmware and is very flaky to the point of being useless in HS3. I think I will likely use Insteon for any new hardware. Thanks for the very nice plug-in.

Thanks

There's a lot of focus on Z-wave here because of HomeSeer's endorsement. Z-wave has some modules that Insteon doesn't yet have (water valves and vents). I find that many Z-wave modules are more expensive than their Insteon counterparts; I suspect because of the complex routing.

One perceived advantage of Z-wave is that many vendors source the modules as opposed to Insteon (1 manufacturer). In reality, from what I've been reading, there is an important level of incompatibility between Z-wave modules coming from different vendors.

Insteon and Z-wave both use RF, Insteon being 4 times faster, but Insteon also uses power line transmission at the same time.

Following the forums, Z-wave users appear to have had quite a battle in getting a stable HS3. Since M. Sandler took over support of the Insteon plugin (not the one from HS), things have been rock solid and Mark keeps things up to date supporting new devices sometimes even before they are generally available.

This is my second house with Insteon HA. I always look around for the new stuff but right now for me Insteon is king.

Comment

Thanks

Claude,

Thanks for a the analysis. I will keep my z-wave stuff that is working but new hardware will probably be Insteon.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X