No announcement yet.

Events Triggering twice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea how to repair a database in HS3. In HS2 it could be done using MIcrosoft Access, not tried to open an HS3 database
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

The *.hsd files are actually Mysql files, so I can open them but I have no idea what to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by WfromL View Post
        The *.hsd files are actually Mysql files, so I can open them but I have no idea what to look for.
        If this file is anything like Access there may be a repair option
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I have done this in Wintel and Linux. Be careful if you want to play.

Mostly here have only checked the DB and compressed/cleaned it and removed a pesky variable or two.

Just make sure you are playing with a copy of the DB and are able to restore the old DB is something happens.

Note there are a bunch out there in internetlandia. Pick one you are comfortable with. Here noticed I had one HSD file around and loaded it up to look at it just now.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Pete; July 23, 2016, 02:46 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
            I have done this in Wintel and Linux. Be careful if you want to play.

Mostly here have only checked the DB and compressed/cleaned it and removed a pesky variable or two.

Just make sure you are playing with a copy of the DB and are able to restore the old DB is something happens.

Note there are a bunch out there in internetlandia. Pick one you are comfortable with. Here noticed I had one HSD file around and loaded it up to look at it just now.
            |Good answer Pete,

But you are miles ahead of thge rest of us when it comes to HA

You take care now
            sigpic

Comment

Thank you Gordon.

I did the same with Homeseer 2 / MS Access DB in the 2000's.

Note it is only really done if needed.

HS3 does a good job on the DBs. That said if you pull the power plug on the HS3 computer / or it locks up while it is writing to the DB; it can cause issues.

The clean up and compression of the DB typically fixes the DB.

The loosey goosey variables are easy to see and typically will not harm anything.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

FWIW, I discovered that the SONOS PI causes the same repeat announcement issue as its Speaker Proxy are set by default to have the Proxy Flag on. Unchecking it solves the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckk9032 View Post
                  FWIW, I discovered that the SONOS PI causes the same repeat announcement issue as its Speaker Proxy are set by default to have the Proxy Flag on. Unchecking it solves the issue.
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                    X