This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To: Reset Installer Code Concord 4

Ok so I just spent 3 hrs searching online cuz i cant figure it out.. and got no where.

so I found one thing and I got somewhere... so now I usually ditch it and say screw it.. but my HS is not setup.... want it setup... and starts with my alarm...

so i found something so absurd that i thought i would try it...

IF YOU JUST NEED TO RESET YOUR DEALER CODE BACK TO 4321 DO THE FOLLOWING....
    1. unplug alarm from outlet
    2. locate eprom
    3. remove eprom
    4. wait 2 minutes
    5. can verify as keypad will do nothing by trying options
    6. plug prom back in
    7. plug power back in

im not sure what happened... i didnt unplug the battery.. making me wonder if my battery backup is bad.. so will have to hit it with a meter later...

but once i removed the eprom (lil 8 pin chip) and put it back in.. the system went into a sensor test.. took 15 minutes i believe...

then i was able to use 8+4321+0+0 to get to system programming

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since i couldnt find this anywhere on google thought id add it here..
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

This should go into our working copy of the document too. I can see that being helpful to others at some point.

I can add it....

Thanks, Matt

Comment

Did you ever verify if the battery was dead?
      Or did you pull the EPROM while it still was on battery backup?

Comment

wow.. just googled

reset conford 4 dealer code

as i couldnt get into my system... LOL..

this worked again guys..

Originally posted by tommyd75 View Post
        Did you ever verify if the battery was dead?
        Or did you pull the EPROM while it still was on battery backup?
        i unplugged AC power
        Unplugged red lead off board from battery
        pulled eprom and waited 5 seconds...
        put eprom back in and hooked up battery first (got a alarm chime so battery is still good) then plugged AC back in

well all in all this is a way to get the dealer code returned and reset NOTHING.. not sure if that is good or bad to be on the internet.. i dont care really as I live in an ok area and if someone breaks in while we are away... my most important possessions are with me....
        HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Comment

Unable to reset

I disconnected the power and battery and removed the EEPROM chip as suggested. I removed for 5 minutes and plugged back in and the keypad had the same message as previously - incorrect date and time. I was unable to login using 8+4321. I left everything removed for 2 days and the same.

Wondering if there is another way to clear all codes back to factory. Attaching picture of board with EEPROM that was removed.

GE Concord 4

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

I was keen to try this out on my Concord 4, however I am unable to reach the EEPROM because the board is almost fully covered by 2 add-on boards installed in front.

Is anyone familiar with these add-on boards? I tried to remove them but afraid to exert too much pressure for fear of breaking it.

Comment

help!

I know this is an old thread but i tried these instructions.. I unplugged my eprom chip, plugged it back in and now my system has no power!!? How can i get it to come back on?

Comment

Does anyone know what chip is used in the photo from Raj909 (in the thread above)?

Mine looks identical (but with a different number on the sticky stuck to it). I can't figure out what manufacturer/chip etc to use to read it with the reader.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Raj909 View Post
                  I disconnected the power and battery and removed the EEPROM chip as suggested. I removed for 5 minutes and plugged back in and the keypad had the same message as previously - incorrect date and time. I was unable to login using 8+4321. I left everything removed for 2 days and the same.

Wondering if there is another way to clear all codes back to factory. Attaching picture of board with EEPROM that was removed.

GE Concord 4

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tonyag11 View Post
                    I know this is an old thread but i tried these instructions.. I unplugged my eprom chip, plugged it back in and now my system has no power!!? How can i get it to come back on?
                    Hello, has this been resolved? If not, I'm thinking the EPROM is not installed correctly? They can be a pain to get back in correctly and removed carefully w/o bending any pins.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mailjoe View Post
                      I was keen to try this out on my Concord 4, however I am unable to reach the EEPROM because the board is almost fully covered by 2 add-on boards installed in front.

Is anyone familiar with these add-on boards? I tried to remove them but afraid to exert too much pressure for fear of breaking it.
                      Hello,

Have you figured out how to remove the boards? I have a few add-ons myself but don't remember if they are plastic pin removal or screwed in. Let me know if you need me to check.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by centaur View Post
                        Does anyone know what chip is used in the photo from Raj909 (in the thread above)?

Mine looks identical (but with a different number on the sticky stuck to it). I can't figure out what manufacturer/chip etc to use to read it with the reader.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
                        Hello,

No, I have never taken mine out to see what the numbers are. I do remember reading on another form Cocoontech?? where someone was flashing these to a new revision, with a swap. Try Googling that...

Matt

Comment

Working...
                        X