Honeywell TH8320ZW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell TH8320ZW

I guess I am a little worried here. I purchased two of these thermostats from the homeseer store. I have just installed one of them and things are not working out too well and I could use some help.
    After re-scanning multiple times finally have display in the "View Devices" screen
    (Oh I am using HS3)
    that seems somewhat like I would expect BUT....
    1. There is a child device called "Sigma Mode Node 68 Child" (it is node 68) that shows a status of DIM 3%. This of course makes no sense to me at all for a thermostat
    2. There is a child device called "Sigma Setpoint Node 68 Child" with a Status of 0. using a thermometer graphic. It also allows me to enter a value in the control column but no mater what I enter, it does not seem to change anything.
    3. I seem to be missing quite a few things I would expect in a thermostat display such as Current Temperature. Heat/Cool or Auto mode. I have a heat pump so there is a Heat Setpoint and a Cool Setpoint that are both active.

I am sure that I have done something wrong after all I purchased this directly from homeseer so I would expect it to be fully or at least mostly supported.

Q1: Can anyone tell me what I SHOULD be seeing as in what child devices should be listed, what should they be labeled and what are the proper outputs
    Q2: Is there a better plugin ?

Thanks in advance for any help.

What version of the z-wave plugin are you running? I would go with .150 or later.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
      What version of the z-wave plugin are you running? I would go with .150 or later.

Cheers
      Al
      Yep 3.0.0.1.50
      That seems to be the current one unless I am missing something.

Comment

There's a newer beta that can be installed from the Beta section of the updater. Working well for most people, although some are getting large delays. May be worth trying to see if it resolves your issue.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          There's a newer beta that can be installed from the Beta section of the updater. Working well for most people, although some are getting large delays. May be worth trying to see if it resolves your issue.

Cheers
          Al

Thanks for the suggestion. I normally try to avoid BETA releases but I went ahead and installed 3.0.0.165 and then re-scanned the thermostat. It is too soon to evaluate if there are update delays but the Child list is what I would expect with all of the various setpoints and proper terminology.

Thanks

Comment

Still a problem

OK, so several hours later and the only time any of the information updated was when I went to the thermostat and told it to "send node info" from the config screens.

Also while there are fields to update the setpoints in the control section, I have yet to be able to actually change anything.

It seems that HomeSeer was a little ahead of themselves in offering this for sale before it was supported.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thx

Comment

I have spent most of my fairly long life in and around software and hardware and somedays it still seems like there is some magical force.

Not 10 min after posting the previous message. I went in and tried one more time to change a setpoint ..... wait for it .... and now it is working. I have changed a setpoint several times now. one time it took 30 seconds or so but that is not unreasonable.

Anyway, If this stays working, I will install the other thermostat on the first floor system soon.

Originally posted by Searider View Post
              OK, so several hours later and the only time any of the information updated was when I went to the thermostat and told it to "send node info" from the config screens.

Also while there are fields to update the setpoints in the control section, I have yet to be able to actually change anything.

It seems that HomeSeer was a little ahead of themselves in offering this for sale before it was supported.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

thx

Comment

Just to follow up, it has been several days now and the theremostat continues to work well with HomeSeer. I am working on an HS Touch screen for it now and will also try to installed the 1st floor stat soon.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

SOLUTION

After having this same issues as the child nodes not being created and the error "Cannot get additional details about node 27 as there is no node information available."

I was using a z-troller with firmware 1.12.
                  I happened to have one with firmware 1.16 in the drawer.
                  After backing the 1.12 up and restoring it to 1.16 I was able to see all the child devices.

Will defiantly be sending in my 1.12 to get a firmware update asap.

Comment

Originally posted by jg5985 View Post
                    After having this same issues as the child nodes not being created and the error "Cannot get additional details about node 27 as there is no node information available."

I was using a z-troller with firmware 1.12.
                    I happened to have one with firmware 1.16 in the drawer.
                    After backing the 1.12 up and restoring it to 1.16 I was able to see all the child devices.
                    Will defiantly be sending in my 1.12 to get a firmware update asap.
                    1.17 is the latest Z-troller firmware. You can also download/install it yourself at:
                    http://www.homeseer.com/older-downloads.html

Z

Comment

I also have a th8320zw thermostat and its working just fine. I can operate it from the app just fine. But I want to change the temp for an interval and then have it resume the internal programming, just like as if i pressed the cancel button in the lower right corner on the screen. My event looks like this:
                      1. if manually triggered
                      2. set thermo cooling temp to 75*F
                      3. set thermo mode to "resume last" after waiting 4 hours

It appears that the "resume last" isn't the same as hitting the cancel button on the touch screen. That appears to shift to the prior mode, not follow program.

Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Rockon View Post
                        I also have a th8320zw thermostat and its working just fine. I can operate it from the app just fine. But I want to change the temp for an interval and then have it resume the internal programming, just like as if i pressed the cancel button in the lower right corner on the screen. My event looks like this:
                        1. if manually triggered
                        2. set thermo cooling temp to 75*F
                        3. set thermo mode to "resume last" after waiting 4 hours

It appears that the "resume last" isn't the same as hitting the cancel button on the touch screen. That appears to shift to the prior mode, not follow program.

Any advice?
                        I am interested in how to accomplish this as well.

Comment

I just took all the programming out of the thermostat (yes, after all this time i finally got around to it) and now I am wondering if there is a way to hold a temp for a specified number of hours then resume the z-wave programming.

Anyone?

Comment

Working...
                          X