No announcement yet.

Things have Changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My ultimate goal is not to use Homeseer for the Pool. My iPads will be the user interface to the house andwhere ever possible I will do it directly. My iPads will control the pool directly over TCP/IP. I will maintain the Homeseer plugin though.

The reason I used homeseer in the pool control loop originally was a long time ago (7-8 years). The iPad system I developed acts as the touch screens for Homeseer but where I can directly connect to a device from the iPad with no media converters (e.g. tCP to serial) I take HS out of the loop. Right now an ISY994 controls all my lighting and some appliances. I use the ISY plugin to keep HS informed.

Today Homeseer handles Security, HVAC, CallerID, and voice announcements.

The iPads control all lighting and lighting scenes through the ISY994i and will be directly controlling the pool system in about a week.

Comment

Barry, did you manage to solve your debugging issue? I'm devleoping a plugin too with some very rusty dev skills and thus easy debugging is paramount for me. Do you run HS and Visual Studio on the same machine? I was hoping to split my dev so that I didn't need to install HS on my primary dev machine - but that's jsut making things even more complicated.
      Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

I received a patch from someone to fix the issue, but I can not remember what it was or who sent it. Sorry about that. I did however get the plugin done.

Comment

Hi Barry,
          I'm in the Northeast, so about to open up my pool for the season. Just wondering if you will be posting a new version of your Jandy Aqualink software based on your comment above. Also, it sounds like you are working with an Autelis device rather than the serial controller. I have the serial controller and wondering if I should get the Autelis device to be ready for HS3.
          Many thanks
          Jono

Comment

I am not planning to upgrade my HS system to HS3. The aqualink plugin might work as it stands, but probably won't. If I don't upgrade to HS3 I have no way of testing it.

At the current time, although I still have the Jandy serial controller connected, I am not using it. I have switched over to the Autelis device. I have done this mainly because the touch screens that control my home are wall mounted Apple iPad's. I have written a HS plugin for the Autelis device, and that is running. However the main way I control my pool operation is from the iPads or the Jandy RS4 controller. If you switch to the Autelis device, it comes with the functionality to allow for control from any browser.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Barry. I use Homeseer to control my pool functions. For example, when I set my alarm to leave our vacation house, Homeseer turns off the pool heat. I can also email in advance to turn on the Spa, etc.
              So it looks like I will stay with HS2 and the serial controller for now, as this functionality is more important to me than anything (that I know of) for HS3.

Comment

Hi Barry

I was wondering if your plugin for autelis device is available and where can I get it?

Thanks
                jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Yes it is.

Just send me an email and I will send it back to you. It is a dll written in VB.net. If your email system can not handle a dll or a a zip archive containing a dll, then let me know and I will either send it via sendspace or post it on my wen site. there is no charge.

Caveat: It is running with no issues in my version of HS2, but I really do not use it as I control it from an iPad using programs I wrote. I have it running in HS2 just for completeness in my home.

Comment

Aqua link tie in?

Barry I assume u have seen the jandy aqua link web. Control software Is there any way to tie that into Homeseer? I know there a crestron and savant plug ins that do that. Wondering if we couple apply it. Would be great!!!! Thanks
                    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

I mean if we COULD apply it
                      HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Hi Mario,

Have you made any progress here? I also have a HS2 and the iAqualink. I would like to be able to control my pool using the iAqualink without having to purchase another piece of hardware. I see the iAqualink uses HTTPS (SSL encryption). How did you solve your issue? Is Homeseer controlling your pool? I want to be able to correlate events.

Thanks,

Marcus

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                        Sounds good. The web interface stuff is I think the direction I was looking at.
                        Here is the device:
                        http://www.zodiacpoolsystems.com/Pro...iAquaLink.aspx
                        It's just a web connect device really. The setup is that you login into the iaqualink website from a browser or phone app to control and monitor the pool.

The way I have it setup now on my touchscreens is as a web element. The only problem with this method is I haven't found a way to bypass the login screen and automatically bring up the control screen.

Ultimately though, I'd like to set it up as you describe so I have devices in HS and control and monitor from there instead...

Comment

Hello, I too would like to express my interest in controlling my iAqualink pool.

Comment

Delayed response but currently I have the Iaqualink page set up as a web element. It works fine that way on my touchscreen and kind of looks like it belongs but I would prefer an actual plugin so I could design it differently.
                            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Working...
                            X