Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Voices?

Hello there!
    Do any of you fine folks know if there is a way to specify which voice is being used for a specific speech event? That is, events that play something to my daughter's room, ideally, should use a different voice that those announcing the doorbell...

Audio File

Cannot think of anything other than to record an audio file in the voice you want and then make the Event play the audio file rather then run a Speaking action. Problem if there are any variables in what you want the event to say.

Comment

I'd be happy if I could just get Barbara Feldon (Jeanie)!
      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
      Home Assistant 2024.3
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

If you have more voices installed then you can added this to your speech to switch between the default and another voice .
        Example : <voice required="name = Microsoft Anna">Your text here
        - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

that's right, to specify which voice is being used in a speech event you can use the voice SAPI tag. (For more info about SAPI tags, see this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx)

This works with the default Homeseer TTS engine. Unfortunately it does not work by default with AirplaySpeak because AirplaySpeak use a newer API that doesn't support SAPI. But you can force the AirplaySpeak plugin to use the same API that HS by adding the following lines in AirplaySpeak.ini in the [TTS] section:

Code:
          [TTS]
          use_sapi=True
          I have just tested the following event and it works as expected:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sapi_voice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	1176048

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            that's right, to specify which voice is being used in a speech event you can use the voice SAPI tag. (For more info about SAPI tags, see this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx)

This works with the default Homeseer TTS engine. Unfortunately it does not work by default with AirplaySpeak because AirplaySpeak use a newer API that doesn't support SAPI. But you can force the AirplaySpeak plugin to use the same API that HS by adding the following lines in AirplaySpeak.ini in the [TTS] section:

Code:
            [TTS]
            use_sapi=True
            That sounds great! I will definitely try that. Spud, since I am making changes to the ini file, that means I have to do this after every update of AirplaySpeak, right?

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
              That sounds great! I will definitely try that. Spud, since I am making changes to the ini file, that means I have to do this after every update of AirplaySpeak, right?
              no you don't have to because updates of the plugin do not overwrite the ini file

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                no you don't have to because updates of the plugin do not overwrite the ini file
                Great. Is there any downside to my introducing this command? After all, it is from the older version of API...

Comment

Thanks for the Tutorial

Does not have any day-to-day value for me.

But now I can play with setting up speech events before the grandkids and grand nephews and nieces next visit that they might find entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by clay2young View Post
                    Does not have any day-to-day value for me.

But now I can play with setting up speech events before the grandkids and grand nephews and nieces next visit that they might find entertaining.
                    That's exactly the point. I got one of Ivona's British voices for announcements, while in my daughter's study and play room, I was planning to try chipmunks

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                      Great. Is there any downside to my introducing this command? After all, it is from the older version of API...
                      I don't think there is really any downside. Actually I'm thinking of making it the default behavior of the plugin to make it more consistent with HS TTS.

Let me know if you find any problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X