Minimize CMD window to System Tray!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimize CMD window to System Tray!

Found a little program to minimize the cmd window to system tray.

http://rbtray.sourceforge.net/

Run program and then any window that's open, just right click on the minimize button and it will go to the tray rather than the taskbar.

Always hated having the Kinect CMD window open on my remote machine!
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Originally posted by TechHA View Post
    Found a little program to minimize the cmd window to system tray.

http://rbtray.sourceforge.net/

Run program and then any window that's open, just right click on the minimize button and it will go to the tray rather than the taskbar.

Always hated having the Kinect CMD window open on my remote machine!

Thank you! That thing has been cluttering up my desktop since day 1!

Now, wish there were a way to have it do this automatically.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

in version 3.0.0.22, I have added an optional command line parameter to hide the console window.
      Simply add "console=false" to your command line if you want to run the plugin without seeing the console window

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        in version 3.0.0.22, I have added an optional command line parameter to hide the console window.
        Simply add "console=false" to your command line if you want to run the plugin without seeing the console window

It's not working for me. I probably have the script wrong.

Code:
        CHDIR C:\Users\Bifromconduit\Documents\Kinect
        hspi_kinect.exe server=192.168.1.xx instance=Livingroom autoreconnect=120 console=false
        Is that correct?

Comment

yes that is correct
          I just retested and it works for me
          Are you sure you have installed 3.0.0.22?

Comment

yes that is correct
            I just retested and it works for me
            Are you sure you have installed 3.0.0.22?

I'm pretty sure I'm on .22. So when I run this from a .bat it should just not appear? Because everything behaves as it always has.
            Attached Files

Comment

have you updated the exe and dll that you have in C:\Users\Bifromconduit\Documents\Kinect?

because since version 3.0.0.12, the plugin logs to the console the version number like this:

Plugin: Kinect Instance: Livingroom starting...
              Connecting to server at 192.168.1.102...
              Connection attempt #1
              Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
              INFO Kinect version 3.0.0.22

so if it didn't work this is what you should see, if it worked you should see the console for a few milliseconds then it would be hidden.

the fact that you see 3.0.0.22 in the interfaces page may be a bug, it probably gets the version number from the exe you have in your root HS3 folder and not from the remote instance.

Comment

have you updated the exe and dll that you have in C:\Users\Bifromconduit\Documents\Kinect?

Ahhhh HA! That did it. Thanks.

Now. I have my PC with the remote instance hibernating a lot. I have been having issues with re connecting when the system resumes. I have been using the console window to know what the status is and I can no longer do this.

Also how would one go about stopping the remote instance now?

Comment

to see if the remote instance is connected or disconected you can look at the log from the HS3 web interface.

Code:
                  Info     Plugin Kinect with instance: Livingroom has disconnected 

Kinect     INFO Kinect version 3.0.0.22
                  Info     Plugin Kinect with instance Livingroom has connected. IP:192.168.1.102:19148
                  to stop the remote instance you need to kill HSPI_Kinect.exe using task manager

Comment

Working...
                  X