Switching audio output device on windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching audio output device on windows

Got a WAF issue here. My office is next to the bedroom where the server is located, I also use the box to play music through an optical out to my receiver. I really need music in the morning and my girlfriend can't stand it.

I've got these bluetooth headphones paired to the server and can manually change the audio device in windows settings, is there a way to automate this somehow? Running VR so I could just as easily say headphones or blast it. Would even consider just running it out of both sources all the time if there's a way.

anyone got anything on this?

Comment

In HS2 I use Nircmd.exe (freeware, check also this site to see all commands) to switch between audio output devices. Its easy to use but you'll have to rename every audio output device to i.e. Analog / digital / spdif / hdmi etc.

Comment

Too bad there is no script connector for HS3. Or is there a different way to have HS3 execute remote scripts?

BTW here is the sound card command of interest to OP:

setdefaultsounddevice [Device Name] {Role}

Set the default sound device on Windows 7/Vista/2008. The [Device Name] is the name of the device, as appeared in the sound devices
        list of windows, for example: Speakers, Line In, Microphone, and so on...
        The {Role} parameter is optional and may countain one of the following values: 0 for Console (the default value), 1 for Multimedia, and 2 for Communications.
        Examples:
        setdefaultsounddevice "Line In"
        setdefaultsounddevice "Microphone" 2

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
        X