X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming video to hs2 hstouch

Originally posted by stevea View Post
    Don,

I'm actually not talking about the page you linked to, but the method that Automated was talking about. If it is just pulling snapshots at intervals, that is just the standard way that HSTouch has done it for a very long time. Nothing special. Automated's post makes it sound like he is doing something different to avoid the constant refresh in HSTouch.

Steve
    Yes, it is an actual camera video stream. It works in HSTouch on Apple devices. I have not tried it on others though. It involves setting a designer object text equal to a URL and letting HSTouch run it as a web page. I built a framework and scripts along with layered object project file to alternate methods based on an ini file configuration and several complexities. I will be honest that it was almost a year ago when I set it up and need to go look at my project files to give you exact instructions. I will try to have a look tonight.
    Last edited by Automated; August 25, 2014, 10:51 AM.

Comment

I won't give up...

No matter what I do, I cannot get any image from Netcam, help!! I am running HS2 Pro with Netcam installed. I have a Foscam FI8910W camera with a working, accessible IP address, user name and password. I have entered endless varieties of URLs in Netcam config but get no image. My most recent URLs have been variations on

Http//USER:PASSWORD@192.168.##.###:PORT/snapshot.cgi

I would be grateful for any suggestions.
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
      2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
      300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
      6 CT-100 tstats
      Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
      18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

Please see this:

http://foscam.us/forum/a-how-to-embe...ine-t9113.html

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
          No matter what I do, I cannot get any image from Netcam, help!! I am running HS2 Pro with Netcam installed. I have a Foscam FI8910W camera with a working, accessible IP address, user name and password. I have entered endless varieties of URLs in Netcam config but get no image. My most recent URLs have been variations on

Http//USER:PASSWORD@192.168.##.###:PORT/snapshot.cgi

I would be grateful for any suggestions.
          For Foscam, what you need to put in is this (mod from your example):
          Code:
          http://192.168.##.###:PORT/snapshot.cgi&user=USER&pwd=PASSWORD
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevea View Post
            For Foscam, what you need to put in is this (mod from your example):
            Code:
            http://192.168.##.###:PORT/snapshot.cgi&user=USER&pwd=PASSWORD
            Steve
            I have a few 8910s and this format works for me reliably:
            http://192.168.##.###:PORT/snapshot.cgi?user=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Very close to what Steve posted.
            Also, It's been pointed out that closing the screen doesn't actually close the screen. It just moves it to the background. That means that the video is still streaming. So add this to your close screen button:
            Action Type: Elements: Set an Elements URL
            Element: (Your video image element)
            URL: LEAVE THIS FIELD BLANK

The video image element will now be blank. This works for me.

Robert

Comment

Yes, you can remove the element url, but this still uses the snapshots and not a real video stream. I still need to recheck my setup and post how I did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Automated View Post
                Yes, you can remove the element url, but this still uses the snapshots and not a real video stream. I still need to recheck my setup and post how I did that.
                Actually, it is near realtime video if you use an image element. I use that format for all 5 of my foscams. That same video element displays realtime video for webcams as well - if you use a program like Webcam XP or Yawcam to stream it from the pc that has the webcam attached. The only cams that I have not successfully streamed video directly from are my tablets. I can use a pc running Yawcam to capture the tablet's video and stream it back to the internet and then view it on HSTouch but it's an awkward way to do it.

FYI - Here's what my video page looks like.
                Attached Files

Comment

It is not the fact that it is near real time or not that I dislike. What I dislike is that it appears to run in the same thread as the GUI and absolutely suffers, especially if one puts multiple cameras on one page. If you set it up as a web page running inside the element, then HSTouch appears to render that with a browser engine which multithreads it, and then it is silky smooth still when you press a button. I tested this extensively over a 2 week period a year or two ago, and unless something very significant changed, it is still the same.

The entire template and backend framework I set up to have very dynamic, backend configurable screens makes heavy use of element URL manipulation fron the server side, so about that I agree it is a great tool. I add a camera by adding one line in an ini file (under HS2). I hope HS creates more commands like that.

Comment

I also have a multi-video page where I show in small tiles all 10 of my cameras. You are right, it's slow as molasses. Each tile takes forever to update. Some tiles display the wrong video - or snapshot in this case since the update is so slow. I seldom use that page anymore and use the page shown above since it's faster.

For video quality, I prefer webcams. You can get logitech HD webcams for cheap on sale and they look great but there's no HS plugin for webcams (not that I know of anyway) so using Webcam XP or Yawcam is required. Without a plugin I had to write scripts to command Webcam XP to take pics & videos. It works but it's not elegant. I gave up trying to integrate the mic/speaker with the cams. The bandwidth that the audio requires kills everything.

Comment

No Joy...

I tried Steve's and RJS' syntax, but still nothing. To be clear, I am entering these in HS2 setup/interface/Netcam/config, NOT in Designer. I also tried Uberoverlord's syntax, but got a nasty looking MS msg that the script potentially created security breeches and it booted me back to the log. I can't believe looking at a camera within HS is so difficult....
                      HS4Pro on Windows 10
                      6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

I tried Steve's and RJS' syntax, but still nothing. To be clear, I am entering these in HS2 setup/interface/Netcam/config, NOT in Designer. I also tried Uberoverlord's syntax, but got a nasty looking MS msg that the script potentially created security breeches and it booted me back to the log. I can't believe looking at a camera within HS is so difficult....
                        Ok, I misunderstood. I added my cameras to the netcam plugin as well when in HS2 & HS3 but used it only to take pics. I played around with it the plugin in HS3 but couldn't get anything but snapshots.

If you're not using HSTouch to view the video why not use IE? You can setup the Foscams in multi device mode. Just set the IP address and port under the Foscam Device Management/Multi-Device Settings. The video is very fast in IE.

Comment

I do...

I do use IE to view my Fosccam cameras. However, when I am in HSTouch, I would like to see snapshots. I can't figure out what Netcam does. I can't get it to produce any image. How do I get even a snapshot?
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Let me expound...

Let me expound on my last post; maybe I don't understand what Netcam does or how it works (like so much of HS's product, there is no easily located instructions). I assumed that I simply entered the URL and click the "View Current Pictures". Am I missing part of the process; is there another step to trigger the snapshots?
                            HS4Pro on Windows 10
                            6 CT-100 tstats

Comment

Let me expound on my last post; maybe I don't understand what Netcam does or how it works (like so much of HS's product, there is no easily located instructions). I assumed that I simply entered the URL and click the "View Current Pictures". Am I missing part of the process; is there another step to trigger the snapshots?
                              NetCam is only driven by event actions, if you have NetCam enabled and create an event you have the action to take a snapshot or series of snapshots. They then appear in the NetCam page, if you are still using HS2 then there is no streaming page or anything like that I have seen anyway. I use it only when my doorbell event fires, not really found another use for it.

Comment

Like MrHappy, I use the HS3 NetCam plugin to grab a photo when the front doorbell is pressed. I also have a recurring event that takes a photo everyday at noon and emails it to me. I use this as a check that HS3 and the cameras are running.

It has been working fine for about 6 months.

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                                HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                                2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Working...
                                X