Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

large install with malfunctions

Greetings,

I am responsible for reestablishing a z-wave network in a motel. It uses a Pro-100, four z-trollers and about 50 contact units for switching heaters on and off in each room.

The contact units are faulty and lose their network configuration during long power outages. When I showed up the network was completely down.

I figured out how to clear the primary. Then I visited each node and added them all to the primary.

At this point many of the nodes were perfectly functional, but some were presumably out of range of the primary. Guided by Homeseer support, I updated the Pro-100 to the latest software. Then I synchronised the primary to all the secondaries.

Nothing I have done after that has made all the nodes available on the Proo-100. I have optimised network, I have manually set the nodes to use each of the secondaries.

An odd thing happened last time I tried. I went back to each node that wasn't working, deleted and re-added it to the primary. Most of them still didn't cooperate, but most showed up in the interface as "Z-Wave Root Device X" where X was the ID for each.

The Root entries had no on/off links, but after playing with it for a bit some Child entries appeared. The Child entries did have the on/off buttons.

I don't understand this new Root/Child phenomenon. Does this have to do with the updated Pro-100 software? Originally all the devices showed up as "Z-Wave Appliance".

Does anyone have any insight into the above? I just want these nodes to show up and work, I don't care if they're root/child or appliance or what.

Thanks in advance! Please let me know if I've omitted any important information.

The root device is what is added when you physically visit the switch and add it to your controller. Then upon loading your devices into HomeSeer the device is queried for additional properties. If the node isn't reachable then these additional properties aren't loaded. This is why we optimize the network so the node can be reached hopefully and then a rescan of the device should load these addition properties. Each node must be within a "4 hop" range or it will not be added. This limitation can be overcome using additional Z-Trollers.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
    X