wiring closet turned into ant farm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring closet turned into ant farm!

My wiring closet is in the basement, at the end of the hallway. concrete slab. crack in slab. TONS of sugar ants crawling all around equipment. TONS. way more than Tero could ever deal with. I'd rather not deal with paying an exterminator, but i'd also rather not deal with purchasing new equipment.

thoughts?

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

My uncle was an exterminator after getting laid off and couldn't find a job. He said that they used Terro for ants. I gave it a shot to deal with our ants and it worked like a charm. They still haven't come back 3 years later.
    Are they coming through the slab? Usually if you completely surround the foundation the ants won't move beyond he Terro.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

You must have some "sweet" setup!
      (sorry couldn't resist)

I agree Terro has borax? in it I think that they take back to the nest and it wipes them all out.
      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

What is it with ants and electronics. My heat pack controlling unit has to be cleaned out every spring and it's packed with ants. Are they seeking heat or is it something else they like about going to the electric chair?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

They seem to be drawn to 60 Hz. Here at the coast, everybody installs sealed relays in the outdoor AC circuity... otherwise the contacts are crammed with zillions of electrocuted ants.... beyond weird.
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

I find ants invading battery powered stuff outdoors too. It's more than just shelter, because they don't seem to go for just any box, but they do seem to like electricity - DC and AC.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
            X