Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integrate Android Tasker with Homeseer (Old Thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autoremote

Sorry for being a newbie at this, but can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mrodseth View Post
      Sorry for being a newbie at this, but can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
      Hi Mrodseth,

What I can see is that it does not seems that you have run the Client Setup from tasker. In HS3 Engine, run Client Setuo and fill the fields. When done, try to connect again.
      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
      --
      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
        Hi, customAPI is now added in 3.0.2.5

PHP Code:
        hs.PluginFunction("Tasker Plugin""""CustomAPI",New Object(){"Sony Experia Z2","sms=12345678","Hello this is a sms messsage"}) 
        You can use several call in same push.
        Ex. To say a message, vibrate, open an app for showing live streaming, strobe the flashlight every second during 5 secs and vibrate.

PHP Code:
        reply hs.PluginFunction("Tasker Plugin""""CustomAPI",New Object(){"Sony Experia Z2","say startapp=video strobe=1|5 vibrate","Doorbell is ringing."}) 
        If the message is sent it will return OK, if device is not found or is not an android device it will report this to the reply.

You can find all custom names in capital letters under tasker/ HS3 Addons that you can call. SAY, STROBE & VIBRATE is key functions so they are under HS3 Engine. If you want to add your own function, add a new task in capital letters under HS3 Myown. Data is stored in %par1 & %par2 look in the HS3 Addons for example.
        Have fun
        IT IS WORKING

I have tested the say, sms, popup and all of them are working fine.
        MANY THANKS TONY !!!!!! Awesome work !!!

Comment

Originally posted by musca View Post
          IT IS WORKING

I have tested the say, sms, popup and all of them are working fine.
          MANY THANKS TONY !!!!!! Awesome work !!!
          Thanks for the feedback. I will add replacement variables for pluginfunction in next version.
          --
          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

SSL connectivity issue

Hi,

First thank you for making such an awesome plugin! I look forward to purchasing it when it is ready. I wanted to bring up one issue I am having for discussion. First I should say that my previous phone was working great and without issue with tasker. I received a new phone (Moto X second gen) and set up everything according to the documentation but was getting 10 retry errors and then a "failure to reach HS3" message similar to the ones that others have received when trying to execute an event from the phone to HS3. (which is a Windows box for the record). I double checked both the IP address.dat file and the ports and IP's were all correct.

I manually edited the IP address.dat file to be /1 instead of a /0 and then it would use http instead of https so I pointed it at port 80 and everything started working. So... there seems to be an issue with SSL although I'm not sure where. I do have a self signed cert and it isn't "trusted" by the browser so maybe that is causing the issue?

The other thing that DOES always work is communication from HS3 to the device. I can have the phone vibrate or send a popup etc...that always works.

If I rebroadcast the IP address from HS3 it goes back to a "/0" and then breaks again. (and yes I point it back at port 443 for SSL).

It doesn't appear to be passing the username or password in clear text over port 80 so I can live with it but if I can do all of this over SSL that would be preferred.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated and thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by 04special View Post
              Hi,

First thank you for making such an awesome plugin! I look forward to purchasing it when it is ready. I wanted to bring up one issue I am having for discussion. First I should say that my previous phone was working great and without issue with tasker. I received a new phone (Moto X second gen) and set up everything according to the documentation but was getting 10 retry errors and then a "failure to reach HS3" message similar to the ones that others have received when trying to execute an event from the phone to HS3. (which is a Windows box for the record). I double checked both the IP address.dat file and the ports and IP's were all correct.

I manually edited the IP address.dat file to be /1 instead of a /0 and then it would use http instead of https so I pointed it at port 80 and everything started working. So... there seems to be an issue with SSL although I'm not sure where. I do have a self signed cert and it isn't "trusted" by the browser so maybe that is causing the issue?

The other thing that DOES always work is communication from HS3 to the device. I can have the phone vibrate or send a popup etc...that always works.

If I rebroadcast the IP address from HS3 it goes back to a "/0" and then breaks again. (and yes I point it back at port 443 for SSL).

It doesn't appear to be passing the username or password in clear text over port 80 so I can live with it but if I can do all of this over SSL that would be preferred.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated and thank you again!
              Thanks you for the nice words.
              I have set that tasker to accept any SSL.
              In HS3, "SSL Server Certificate File" & "SSL Server Certificate Password" should be untouched. Are you connecting locally or from outside your wan?
              Can you access your HS3 webserver if you browse it from ex. Mozilla in android? https://yourip:443 (If standardport i HS3, no need to enter:443)
              --
              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                Thanks you for the nice words.
                I have set that tasker to accept any SSL.
                In HS3, "SSL Server Certificate File" & "SSL Server Certificate Password" should be untouched. Are you connecting locally or from outside your wan?
                Can you access your HS3 webserver if you browse it from ex. Mozilla in android? https://yourip:443 (If standardport i HS3, no need to enter:443)
                Thank you for the response. I get the same exact behavior either inside or outside my network and yes I can get to the HS3 site accessing it from a browser (with the phone) using SSL i.e. https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ although I do get a warning from the browser due to the cert not being trusted.

I did technically change the certificate file and password on the SSL but weirdly it worked with my other phone. I will try and go back to the default cert/password and see if that helps.

I admit it's very strange...I will try a few more troubleshooting steps and see what I can come up with. I did use a sniffer (WireShark) and I can see the packets are getting to the HS3 server from my phone and there is technically a response but it never gets past the SSL negotiation...At least I know they can talk to each other!

Comment

Originally posted by 04special View Post
                  Thank you for the response. I get the same exact behavior either inside or outside my network and yes I can get to the HS3 site accessing it from a browser (with the phone) using SSL i.e. https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/ although I do get a warning from the browser due to the cert not being trusted.

I did technically change the certificate file and password on the SSL but weirdly it worked with my other phone. I will try and go back to the default cert/password and see if that helps.

I admit it's very strange...I will try a few more troubleshooting steps and see what I can come up with. I did use a sniffer (WireShark) and I can see the packets are getting to the HS3 server from my phone and there is technically a response but it never gets past the SSL negotiation...At least I know they can talk to each other!
                  Okay, I wondering if there is any issue with tasker and you android version that have problem with SSL. Can you try tasker diagnostic tool from market. It will use ipaddress.dat & credentials and try to make a simple web connection to hs3 webserver.
                  Last edited by tonlof; March 31, 2015, 04:05 PM. Reason: Wrong appname
                  --
                  Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Here is the response from the test tool. Thank you for taking the time to look at it.

Basically it just says the connection failed and the server responds with %httpd. It definitely could be the OS on the phone...it's 5.0 Android Lollipop.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9r...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

I downloaded the latest HS3 tasker files and when i run the GPS task I get the following error:

Code:
                      Apr-01 23:03:28	 	Error	Getting web page from plugin page Tasker:Conversion from string "%MyRef" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                      the %myref does not have any variable set (e.g. it is %myref = blank) in tasker, should I be creating a status device and then set that device ref in tasker as %myref?

I have tried broadcasting addresses and so on and this did not change the error. I have also checked my devices and I have two Tasker Devices, one the Tasker Configuration device which has its string set to Testar, and the other being my tasker phone device.

Many Thanks,
                      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Hi Tony,
                        Two quick questions:
                        1. When I use Say: how can I add a pause during the speech ? (somewhere inside the text message). Is there a special character for pause?
                        2. Can I somehow make the voice reading my messages a little bit slower? I have the feeling that it is reading to fast.
                        Regards,

Comment

Hi Tony,
                          Two quick questions:
                          1. When I use Say: how can I add a pause during the speech ? (somewhere inside the text message). Is there a special character for pause?
                          2. Can I somehow make the voice reading my messages a little bit slower? I have the feeling that it is reading to fast.
                          Regards,
                          Hi,
                          1. Speech engine is a part of Android so try different characters and see.
                          2. Yes, inside HS3 Engine / SAY you have in Say lines Speed and Pitch. What voice are you using, I think Acapela voices is best.
                          --
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Hi Tony,

Regards,

I am experiencing this also. For some reason TTS sent by this plugin is faster than regular TTS on the phone.
                            Originally posted by rprade
                            There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
                              I am experiencing this also. For some reason TTS sent by this plugin is faster than regular TTS on the phone.
                              Ok, change the Speed and let me know the working speed value so I can change it in next tasker project. 5 is perfect for my voices.
                              --
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
                                I downloaded the latest HS3 tasker files and when i run the GPS task I get the following error:

Code:
                                Apr-01 23:03:28         Error    Getting web page from plugin page Tasker:Conversion from string "%MyRef" to type 'Integer' is not valid.
                                the %myref does not have any variable set (e.g. it is %myref = blank) in tasker, should I be creating a status device and then set that device ref in tasker as %myref?

I have tried broadcasting addresses and so on and this did not change the error. I have also checked my devices and I have two Tasker Devices, one the Tasker Configuration device which has its string set to Testar, and the other being my tasker phone device.

Many Thanks,
                                Hi, have you run Get Location from HS3 plugin and not only from Tasker?
                                --
                                Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Working...
                                X