X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what stack is on this?

XTERASYS UBT1KH USB 1.1 High Power Bluetooth Wireless Adapter

Anyone have any experience with it?

I wanted to get something that's at least 300 feet, and this guy seems like it will do it. (walk in the door and sync with the pc's calendar, then toggle as "here" with the Bluetooth plugin.

I've poked around the internet, couldn't find anything relating to the stack.

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
      I am using the 100m dongles. It's sort of working well...as different house computers come on and go off the different stacks then report back...so for me all it needs 1 PC to be powered in the house for the devices to be found...which is kinda cool. (think of it like a relay race and the batton passing)

Cheers,

Darren

What kind of range to you get. I have the same Belkin dongle and it detects my Motorola phone within 10 meters, no more. Does your do better than that?

Comment

It depends on the phone....my Nokia 1 BT dongle device does the whole house. My HTC (O2 Exec) gives me 10 foot at best!

Comment

I have been using the Belkin F8T012v with the software that came with it for one week now with the plugin. It works fine for a while and then the BTSTAC~1.EXE process takes 95-99% of the CPU and kills the performance of the machine.

I reboot, and the BTSTAC~1.EXE behaves for a while (like 24 hours) and it goes crazy again.

Anybody ran into this problem. Any suggestions?

Comment

I experienced this exact same problem with a version of the Widcomm stack (I think it was 5.0.1.2800).

I had to use another version of the stack.

Regards,

stipus
            --
            stipus

Comment

Belkin F8T008 100 metre (predecessor to F8T012) works fine with the following stacks:

Broadcomm
              Widcomm
              MS

I have to say that overall BT has worked pretty well for me. Using Toshiba laptops, Sony Ericsson phones, a Nokia, HP PPCs, Logitech keyboards and mice, TDK and Belkin dongles and other BT mice and keyboards of various makes. All of this within close proximity to 802.11b/g equipment.

Still, I'm sure that when it doesn't work for you, it's an absolute nightmare.

Comment

This is the version that is causing me problems as well. How do I go about removing the version and installing a different one?

Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                I experienced this exact same problem with a version of the Widcomm stack (I think it was 5.0.1.2800).

I had to use another version of the stack.

Regards,

stipus

Comment

How do I go about removing the version and installing a different one?
                  You have to check your dongle manufacturer for a stack upgrade.... or .... search the net yourself for another stack version... (might be illegal).
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Stipus,

what verrsion of the BTLibs will eletourneau be using....I had this error a long while ago when we were first testing the BT Client.

Comment

I don't understand what you mean ?

Are you saying that you also have 5.0.1.2800, and with a specific version of the BT Lib, the problem fades away ?
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

I downgraded the belkin software to the 4.0.1.2401 version of the WidComm stack and all my problems went away.

Comment

I currently have 5.1.0.1700. I am downgrading to the version on the Belkin support site.

Do I just remove the Belkin Bluetooth software from the control panel/remove software? Do I need to remove anything else?

Comment

I tried all evening to downgrade to 4.0.1.2401 without success.

I removed the Belkin BT software through control panel and installed the software 4.0.1.2401 downloaded from te belkin site.

However, the new software cannot detect my BT dongle. It reports that no bt device is present during the install. I see a Belkin USB to Fast Ethernet Adapter device with no driver installed. The BT icon on the tray is red and says that not BT device is installed.

Finally gave up and reinstalled the newer version and it seems to work now (until it goes crazy and takes the CPU resources).

Can you help me with the steps I need to follow to down grade to 4.0.1.2401?

Comment

Just to clarify you have got the F8T012 belkin dongle?

Comment

F8T012 Belkin. Got it 7 days ago.

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
                                Just to clarify you have got the F8T012 belkin dongle?
                                Last edited by ; March 3, 2007, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X