Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New RainRelay8 plug-in forum

New forum for HomeSeer RainRelay8 plug-in
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Not really a plug-in problem since I haven't enabled it yet but after a couiple of years I've decided to get this thing working. My problem is I seemed to have lost or used the power supply for something else.

I see from the doc's that it's a 12vdc 500ma supply, that's pretty common and I have a couple of those laying around, none that have the correct plug though. Does anyone know what plug it uses? It almost looks like it's a male type as opposed to the usual plug on every other wall wart I have around here.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
      Not really a plug-in problem since I haven't enabled it yet but after a couiple of years I've decided to get this thing working. My problem is I seemed to have lost or used the power supply for something else.

I see from the doc's that it's a 12vdc 500ma supply, that's pretty common and I have a couple of those laying around, none that have the correct plug though. Does anyone know what plug it uses? It almost looks like it's a male type as opposed to the usual plug on every other wall wart I have around here.

radio shack sells power packs with interchangeable ends... you can take it there and they can hook you up....

or ill check mine tonight...
      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

that would be great, if you could take a pic of it that would be even better.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

well here is the deal... the one i have.. rain8 does not have a power plug on it... it has the strip where you plug the zones in and also the power from the transformer...

sooooo i have no plug on the end.. just 2 wires stripped down to fit in ...
          it is a 25.5VAC and 650mA power unit.

see here
          http://www.wgldesigns.com/rain8.html
          Last edited by TeleFragger; October 21, 2010, 06:19 AM. Reason: pic removed as it was wrong

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

That's different than mine. It says i need a 12vdc 500ma power supply, which i have, with a 3.5mm center positive plug, which i have no idea what that is. It looks almost like a male plug but with the center positive that would seam to me to be a long stemed female type.

It's never easy!!

I appreciate you looking though, Thanks.

Anyone else have one of these that can tell me what plug it needs on the device end?
            Marty
            ------

Comment

It's never easy!!

I appreciate you looking though, Thanks.

Anyone else have one of these that can tell me what plug it needs on the device end?
              no problem.. still your better off just going to radio shack...

Comment

rain 8 needs 24 vac for sprinkler valves
                relay 8 needs 12 vdc for internal relays.

Stuart

Comment

I guess I'll stop by RS on the way home later and see if they can match up a power supply and more importantly the correct plug. I was hoping not to have to shove things in there I wasn't sure of for fear of screwing up the unit but there doesn't seem to be any choice.

Thanks for the efforts guys it's appreciated.
                  Marty
                  ------

Comment

I guess I'll stop by RS on the way home later and see if they can match up a power supply and more importantly the correct plug. I was hoping not to have to shove things in there I wasn't sure of for fear of screwing up the unit but there doesn't seem to be any choice.

Thanks for the efforts guys it's appreciated.
                    well nothing to really mess up...

if you have the correct plug.... and the correct polarity... and correct voltage (12v).. the amps dont matter...

so personally i would get a 500mA or a 1A.... just like computer power supplies... you can put a 1000w power supply in... your computer will use what it needs...

so if you start putting say 2 zones on.. you wont max it out... however if you load it up with zones... and run more than one at a time... it will draw more power....

so then now im thinking... you dont need the 1A as you only run 1 zone at a time anyway... shees... sorry typing out loud!!!!

Comment

We all do that that typing out loud thing at one time or another.

I wasn't worrying so much about the power supply part, i have that, it's the plug portion that I don't want to screw up the internal contacts of the socket that have me more concerned since I have no idea what the plug that goes in there looks like. My luck I'll push the wrong thing in that hole and screw up the socket.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

I got a reply from WGL a little while ago with a graphic of the plug needed for the Rain8Relay unit. I have tons of these around so my trip to buy yet another wall wart won't be necessary. In case anyone else finds themself in this same situation the Rain8Relay unit uses a 12vdc 500ma supply and the plug that fits the unit is a 3.5mm plug that looks like the pic below, just a standard 3.5mm phono plug.
                        Attached Files
                        Marty
                        ------

Comment

I finally completed my install and now that I have the correct voltage and plug combination and the plug-in enabled I have to say it's working really well. No surprises during the install and HomeSeer controls the relays nicely.

I have to say it's nice to install a piece of hardware and associated software that you don't have to fuss with to get working. Seems a nice stable plug-in and I'm very impressed with the hardware as well, I can see adding another module in the near future.

Nicely Done!
                          Marty
                          ------

Comment

...I can see adding another module in the near future.

Nicely Done!
                            what are your plans for it? only curious what yer using it for... since it is 12vdc....

Comment

I use a lot of LED low voltage lighting in the house, displays, window candles, under and in cabinet lighting as well as some landscape lighting all running at 12vdc powered by batteries that are charged via solar panels. I have been using UPB I/O modules and they work just fine but were getting expensive to use. The WGL unit while about the same price gives me 5 additional relays I can control.
                              Marty
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X