Communicating with temp and motion sensors from CAO Gadgets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

our tool is broken

Great idea Mr. Happy. I did exactly what you suggested and I got this result

Test Scheduler.QueryString

Which confirms what sparkman just posted that Request.QueryString doesn't work without parameter.

Comment

Resolved

After numerous contacts with the vendor (they are very, very difficult to work with) it became clear that they just append the temperature reading say 72.4 degrees after the URL like that

Http://mywebserver.com/testkumo?72.4

In order to remedy the situation I modified the url that i pass to them from

Http://mywebserver.com/testkumo?

To

Http://mywebserver.com/testkumo?temp=

This resolved the problem and now my HS2 can read those temp sensors by the url call to hs web server.

I'll do more reliability and coverage/distance tests before I decide to deploy. So far they win on technology and fail on customer support. Anyone interested in this technology feel free to ask questions.

Comment

Even more...

I learned how to pull even more information from this little sensor.
        I'm writing my own "kumo apps" now :-)
        Now I can pull temperature, unique name, orientation and radio transmition power and import all that in HS2.

Orientation is interesting thing. Obviously the sensor has some sort of a build in compass chip that reports position.
        This could be useful as "tilt" and/or position sensor for various doors and windows. The sensor is small and obscure. Could be attached to any surface easily. It retails for about $20.

Comment

Can this work in hs3?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
            Can this work in hs3?
            I'm ordering some of these as I need the moisture sensors. I intend to write a plug-in for HS3 (as soon as I can find the time)
            Nicolai L

Comment

I too am not overly willing to rely on my internet connection nor cloud services for my HA needs. However, I have recently been reviewing this product and this thread is well timed.

Thoughts regarding affixing a sensor to the outside of both the washer and dyer drums, providing there is enough clearance, for notification of end of cycle?
              Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
              Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
              Number of Devices: 633
              Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.54.0: BLBackup
              2.0.40.0: BLLAN
              3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
              30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
              3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
              3.0.0.87: weatherXML
              3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to let everyone know I have now managed to integrate Kumo sensors into HS3 by using the KumoApp (java) language to write a little Kumo app that calls the HS3 JSON interface to populate devices in HS3.

Works pretty well and now lets me get moisture sensor data in to HS3 so I can use this as part of the irrigation setup.
                Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                  I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to let everyone know I have now managed to integrate Kumo sensors into HS3 by using the KumoApp (java) language to write a little Kumo app that calls the HS3 JSON interface to populate devices in HS3.

Works pretty well and now lets me get moisture sensor data in to HS3 so I can use this as part of the irrigation setup.
                  Would you mind posting your Kumo app? I've just received a handful sensors but I can't quite get the sense of how to (for example) create an Kumo event for a specific PIR motion sensor.

Also you mention an HS3 JSON interface -- how do you use that? (I don't mean how do you use JSON -- I mean where is there a web service in HS3 that you can call with JSON payloads?)

Comment

Hi

I did mark the code in Kumo to be published but maybe it wasn't done. In any case here it is below:

Code:
                    var tags = <#tags_[32]_N#>;
                    var devRef = <%HS3 Target Device%>;
                    var HS3URL = <%HomeSeer 3 URL%>;
                    		  tags.forEach(
                    function (tag) {
                        tag.updated = function () {
                            KumoApp.Log("Updating HS3 Device. Moisture value: "+tag.moisture, 0);
                            KumoApp.httpCall(HS3URL+"/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref="+devRef+
                            "&value="+tag.moisture, "GET");
                        };
                    });
                    And see image below the setup required on the app.

Regarding the JSON that is a feature that can be enabled from the setup pages on the later revisions of HS3. Search the board or look in the developer help files and you will find loads of information on how to use it
                    Attached Files
                    Nicolai L

Comment

Have you tried using the built-in URL calling feature on mytaglist? I haven't converted mine from HS2 to HS3 yet.

You can directly call your HS3 URL from within your home network. There a several forum examples using the JSON interface.
                      Attached Files
                      Len

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Regarding the JSON that is a feature that can be enabled from the setup pages on the later revisions of HS3. Search the board or look in the developer help files and you will find loads of information on how to use it
                        OMG! How did I never know about this before?!? It's simply awesome! Thanks a million for mentioning this and telling me where to find it. This changes, like, EVERYTHING for my home automation projects.

-M.

Comment

Originally posted by lveatch View Post
                          Have you tried using the built-in URL calling feature on mytaglist? I haven't converted mine from HS2 to HS3 yet.

You can directly call your HS3 URL from within your home network. There a several forum examples using the JSON interface.
                          I have fiddled with the URL calling, but the { } placeholders don't work -- in the sense that if you use them in your URL call, it will never get called. This has been reported multiple times on the cao gadgets forum, with no useful response from the vendor.

I'm very much afraid that these sensors are a going to turn out to be good idea without any real support behind them.

Comment

Hi

I did mark the code in Kumo to be published but maybe it wasn't done. In any case here it is below:

Code:
                            var tags = <#tags_[32]_N#>;
                            var devRef = <%HS3 Target Device%>;
                            var HS3URL = <%HomeSeer 3 URL%>;
                            		  tags.forEach(
                            function (tag) {
                                tag.updated = function () {
                                    KumoApp.Log("Updating HS3 Device. Moisture value: "+tag.moisture, 0);
                                    KumoApp.httpCall(HS3URL+"/JSON?request=controldevicebyvalue&ref="+devRef+
                                    "&value="+tag.moisture, "GET");
                                };
                            });
                            What is the <%HS3 Target Device%> supposed to contain? Is that a placeholder, or is that the actual string you use in the Kumo App? What happens when this is called?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkHargrove View Post
                              I have fiddled with the URL calling, but the { } placeholders don't work -- in the sense that if you use them in your URL call, it will never get called. This has been reported multiple times on the cao gadgets forum, with no useful response from the vendor.
                              They are working for me. That was a screen capture from my setup. However, it should be noted that I do not have spaces in my tag names. I am calling Windows IIS rather than HS3 as I didn't need all tags to integrate with HS2/HS3.

Code:
                              http://192.168.1.36/cgi-bin/Arduino/updateHomeseer.pl?querySource=wirelessTag&api=motion&sensor={0}&action=opened
                              Here is a snippet from my web server logs showing that the calls are successfully made.
                              Code:
                              2015-11-03 00:28:25 192.168.1.36 GET /cgi-bin/Arduino/updateHomeseer.pl querySource=wirelessTag&api=motion&sensor=SlidingDoor&action=opened 80 - 192.168.2.10 - - 200 0 0 468
                              2015-11-03 00:28:28 192.168.1.36 GET /cgi-bin/Arduino/updateHomeseer.pl querySource=wirelessTag&api=motion&sensor=SlidingDoor&action=closed 80 - 192.168.2.10 - - 200 0 0 468
                              I'm very much afraid that these sensors are a going to turn out to be good idea without any real support behind them.
                              I have the same concerns. I use mine for temporary needs. I have not had great success for detecting door open/closed events. I would get many false triggers or no trigger at all. I've placed magnets near the tags which appeared to work for awhile, but then would get continuous false alerts. I"ve limited the tags to temp and humidity monitoring only.

e.g. I've recently moved 2 tags to the hot water heater gas vent and hot water outlet for gathering statistics (based on temperature).
                              Len

Enabled Plug-Ins

Comment

Tag Property Values

Just in case anybody needs/wants them, what I think is the complete list of public tag properties is below. Ignore the actual property values, of course. Those just happened to be the values at the moment I took the snapshot. I left them in as examples of what kinds of values appear to be associated with a property. I have three sensor types right now (PIR, "Pro" tag, and moisture sensor). In all three cases the property list is the same, but clearly some properties are not valid for some of the sensors. I'm trying to get some definitions for a few of the properties whose meaning isn't obvious from CAO Gadgets (wish me luck on that -- their support is terrible).

angleX:163
                                angleY:-167
                                angleZ:-546
                                batteryVolt:2.943384901585992
                                batteryVoltChange:null
                                closed:null
                                detected:null
                                disableLocal:false
                                eventState:1
                                fanOn:false
                                hasMoved:false
                                highTh:28