Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
    BD

the vista alarm (and insteon) plugin default to using the standard serialport class as this works for 95% of the users. I recommend the ftdi drivers when problems like this occur.

I guess i can default the PollPortInterval to 1 so it runs for everyone as this is the only way to get the triggers to fire right now.

Please report back either way.
    Question: Do I need to restart HS or can I just disable/enable the plugin to take the .ini changes?

-BD

Comment

enable/disable from the plugin manager should work. stopping and starting the plugin monitor won't do it.
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Hi Mark,

I am glad to report that since I implemented the above, I have only had one disconnect, which reconnected gracefully (and reported the disconnect & reconnect via events successfully).

The only issue (more an FYI than anything) is the plugin logs "Sending Display Faults command to alarm " very frequently (~8 seconds) when a zone is faulted (aka a door is open). Any way to fix this? I have enable debugging turned OFF and suppress duplicate messages set to ON.

Thanks again for your regular & rapid support.

-BD

Comment

Originally posted by BrunDog View Post
          Hi Mark,

I am glad to report that since I implemented the above, I have only had one disconnect, which reconnected gracefully (and reported the disconnect & reconnect via events successfully).

The only issue (more an FYI than anything) is the plugin logs "Sending Display Faults command to alarm " very frequently (~8 seconds) when a zone is faulted (aka a door is open). Any way to fix this? I have enable debugging turned OFF and suppress duplicate messages set to ON.

Thanks again for your regular & rapid support.

-BD
          Glad it working and thanks for the feedback.

can you enable debug mode and capture and post some of the log msgs "Sending Display Faults command to alarm " and other msgs before and after.

also, what panel and vista fw are you using?
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Error opening Com port Vista 20p won't connect to plugin

I have installed HS3 version on 3.0.0.194 on a Windows 7 Ultimate pc. Only plugins are weather XML, CM15A, HSTouch and Vista Alarm 3.0.0.15. My interface to my Vista panel is AD2USB with the AlarmDecoder Keypad App V2.0.10 (this software works).

On startup get the following message:

Starting up....

7/20/2015 9:13:36 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): Vista Alarm Instance::Error opening COM port COM3 to Vista AlarmStartup Complete, 1 errors detected, check the log for more information.

7/20/2015 9:13:35 AM ~!~Info~!~Plugin Vista Alarm has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49273
            7/20/2015 9:13:36 AM ~!~Vista Alarm~!~Loading the Partitions
            7/20/2015 9:13:36 AM ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(1): Vista Alarm Instance::Error opening COM port COM3 to Vista Alarm
            7/20/2015 9:13:36 AM ~!~Info~!~Plugin Vista Alarm with instance: has disconnected
            7/20/2015 9:13:39 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Finished initializing plug-in Vista Alarm
            7/20/2015 9:13:39 AM ~!~Web Server~!~Local IP address (subnet) is: 192.168.10.171 (255.255.255.0)

Using FTDI driver dated 6/19/15 2.12.4.0. Same error message with previous version. Alarm panel is Vista 20p.

Have added previously posted script:
            [General]
            PortPollIinterval=1
            RecreateDevices=False
            LastMonitorStatus=False
            VistaModel=20
            debug=True
            SuppressDupMsgs=True
            AutoStartMonitor=True
            panelcode=3+EyQ2ufu+g=
            messagetimeout=10
            ZoneSortOrder=2
            [AD2USB]
            Version=!VER:ffffffff,V2.2a.6,TX;RX;SM;VZ;RF;ZX;RE;AU;3X;CG; DD;MF;LR;KE;MK;CB
            KeypadAddress=18
            InterfaceType=USB
            LRR=True

Would work sometimes after I rebooted computer, but would disconnect after a while. X10 does not fail to work.

Please advise

Comment

are there any other applications using COM3? if so, they must be closed.
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
              X