This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button lights on Insteon KeypadLinc

Is there a way to send a command to a Insteon KeypadLinc with a binary mask to make buttons On or Off?

The buttons are getting out of sync and I really don't want to use Insteon events.

Thanks!

Not working

Ok, I am missing something. Even sending a simple beep to the keypad I am getting an error:

VBScript show me an error expecting ")":
    &hs.plugin("Insteon").TransmitInsteonCommand("23.C9.A5", 0x30, 0)

C# don't even find Plugin collection:
    &shs.Plugin("Insteon").TransmitInsteonCommand("23.C9.A5", 0x30, 0);

Can I have an example of how to send a command and an extended command? I think with that I may resolve the bitmap mask needed to change the button lights.

Thanks!

Comment

for vbscript you need to remove the parens in the call. try the following

&hs.plugin("Insteon").TransmitInsteonCommand "23.C9.A5", &h30, 0

or convert your script to a vb.net script

I'll have to add an external method for you to transmit an extended msg
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

I tried your

and it didn't work either. Am I missing any library to be installed?

@mnsandler: do you have plans to have a public method to have extended messages? Any other way I can do that in the interim?

Thank you.

Comment

here is a tested vb.net script. i couldn't get it to work in with vbscript (.vbs)

sub main(parms as object)
          dim insteon as object
          insteon = hs.plugin("Insteon")
          insteon.TransmitInsteonCommand("\","1",&h30,0)
          end sub
          There is no work around for sending extended msgs.
          Last edited by mnsandler; August 3, 2015, 02:40 PM.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by dr.zambol View Post
            I tried your

and it didn't work either. Am I missing any library to be installed?

@mnsandler: do you have plans to have a public method to have extended messages? Any other way I can do that in the interim?

Thank you.
            what version of the plugin are you running?
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Insteon, version: 3.0.5.20

Comment

that explains the troubles. i thought you were using hs2 based on your original email

here is the hs3 call. search this forum for "pluginFunction" for other examples of this.

from a vb.net script file

hs.pluginfunction("Insteon","","TransmitInsteonCommand", new object() {"23.C9.A5", &h30, 0})
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

here is a new version with a public method to send extended commands

here is the protocol for the call:

Public Function TransmitInsteonEDCommand(ByRef InsteonAddress As String, ByVal FlagByte As Byte, ByVal Cmd1 As Byte, ByVal Cmd2 As Byte, ByRef Data() As Byte) As Integer

To install:
                  1. shutdown hs, backup current plugin DLLs, insteon.ini and homeseer database
                  2. unzip DLLs to homeseer root directory
                  3. restart hs
                  Attached Files
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
                    that explains the troubles. i thought you were using hs2 based on your original email

here is the hs3 call. search this forum for "pluginFunction" for other examples of this.

from a vb.net script file

hs.pluginfunction("Insteon","","TransmitInsteonCommand", new object() {"23.C9.A5", &h30, 0})
                    Thank you so much Mark. In C# it worked like below:

&shs.PluginFunction("Insteon","","TransmitInsteonCommand" , new object[] {"23.C9.A5", (byte) 0x30, (byte) 0});

Any reason why you are using "byte" and not System.Int32 and later forcing cast?

Now I am going to test the extended method you created. You rock !

Comment

insteon cmds are byte values. this eliminate the need for me to check integer values and error trapping. it puts the onus on you the scripter to submit the correct values

you will find the extended command data array requires bytes as well.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I could send a beep using your extended command in C#. It worked perfectly:

&fhs.PluginFunction("Insteon","","TransmitInsteonEDComman d", new object[] {"24.FE.FC", (byte) 8, (byte) 0x30, (byte) 0, new byte[] {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0}});

But I can't make work the Set LED Bitmask command to work (0x2E, 0x00). Command bellow should make buttons 1, 2, 3 and 4 ON, but instead of that it turns on the light if it is Off and do not change other Leds:

&fhs.PluginFunction("Insteon","","TransmitInsteonEDComman d", new object[] {"24.FE.FC", (byte) 8, (byte) 0x2E, (byte) 0, new byte[] {0x01, 0x09, 15, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0xB9}});

Any idea what I am missing?

Comment

please try the following value for your flag byte: 0x1F
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Thanks for the catch. I forgot bit 4 needed to be 1 to consider extended message. I do prefer minimize Hops and Retransmissions, so I set my Flag byte to 0x15 (10101).

Final command in C# is below. Button A/Load is not affected, but I think that is good since it is related to the load itself. In the command below I am setting turning on buttons A, B, C, D and E and off all the others.

&fhs.PluginFunction("Insteon","","TransmitInsteonEDComman d", new object[] {"24.FE.FC", (byte) 0x15, (byte) 0x2E, (byte) 0, new byte[] {0x01, 0x09, 31, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0xA9}});

Thanks for all your help. Everything is working now.

Comment

glad its working. how do you find your comm stats when you only use 1 hop?
                              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                              X