This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running out of excuses...

Thanks Pete. Yes, after posting here, I spent the day catching up on the Beta forum threads and realized there is now a Wintel version of the plug-in in beta and available via the download/updater. Guess I'm running out of excuses on leaving that new PC still in its box. Need to carve out some time and take the plunge. I'll post to the beta thread with my experiences.

BTW, slightly off topic but I am seeing mixed feedback on the stability of HS3 for simple things like controlling lights. Is that old news? Are you having any HS3 stability issues? Just curious. Thanks again.

Comment

Tinkering ......

Good news Glenn.

Neato thing is that HS3 and the HAI HS3 plugin runs on either Windows or Linux. That and you can run the plugin on Windows or Linux separately talking to the HS3 server running on Windows or Linux which provides a nice variety and a warm and fuzzy (in relative terms).

Here while concurrently new playing with Windows 8.1 leaning towards the touch stuff also using totally headless Ubuntu 14.04 64bit. Never really look at it because its just a login prompt; no gui installed.

I'm running out of excuses on leaving that new PC still in its box.
      Personally I would take the plunge of utilizing the new PC. But that is me.

BTW, slightly off topic but I am seeing mixed feedback on the stability of HS3 for simple things like controlling lights. Is that old news? Are you having any HS3 stability issues? Just curious.
      Here I have been tinkering which is what I like to do. Once something works; I leave it alone these days (must be my age?).

I have left HS2 on the two boxes its running on for the time being. That said I installed HS3 on a variety of hardware (one wintel box) and leaning mostly towards the Linux side of HS3. The means of plugin portability will allow me to utilize the wintel text to speech voices.

I cannot really write much about HS3 stability as I am still testing it one plugin at a time or groups of events at a time and not in "production".

IE: for example these days only test with the HS3 Leviton HAI plugin and nothing else. Rob has done great stuff with the new plugin!

Your post above though got me moving/testing the mini micro router into production yesterday. It is still being powered by a small 5VDC power supply and I have to shift it over to utilizing the Leviton HAI main power (well and battery). Tested the Omnitouch 5.7e's and Omnipro touchscreens running on another network yesterday (well along with the CCTV IP HD stuff).

Its working fine. (had to do some finagling of the fire wall rules - easy peasy stuff though).

I have tested the wireless pieces to work (well in the Leviton HAI can with the door open). Its only a 400Mz CPU processor. It does also talk via a 3G/4G stick. Device has two NICs, WLAN, USB and Serial ports on it and its only some 2.5" square. I am not using the 120VAC bypassing it and mainlining to the 5VDC main power pieces of it. It already has the 5VDC inputs and newer boards utilize this means of power supply and continue to do the 120VAC in the wall jack thing. I wouldn't expect it to have much wireless range with the integrated to the PC board antenna you see pictured on the top left part of the picture below. (wouldn't really depend on any radio stuff on it being inside of a metal can). I did find a tiny 12VDC to 5VDC PS for it in my box - o - automation trinkets. It will fit inside of the tiny TP-Link case and it was about $1.50. Wondering though if it will work? The microrouter today is plugged into a 4 AMP 5VDC power supply which is much too much for this little device.

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr710n

Enabled a serial port via USB and tested it to work fine talking to the Leviton HAI Panel. Its sort of too slow to do much with it; but its really fast talking to the panel such that I can do some simple stuff with it. Also now for whatever reason looking a Lua.

Baby steps tried a simple turn on and off of a UPB light switch. I did plug in a mini hub on it and checked out the plug n play of it recognizing the hub and other devices on it. Works and its a tiny footprint that fits right over the serial / network ports on the OPII panel and can be powered by the panel.

It works; which freaked me out some. The whole purpose of the use and installation of the microrouter though is to fix the panel so it doesn't hiccup due to network traffic and be a bit of a diagnostic piece of hardware. Mostly though I do not see that this will be much of an issue.

Simple test yesterday was to create a web page running in Luca talking to the serial port on the Leviton HAI OPII panel.

BusyBox v1.22.1 (2014-08-09 04:54:11 UTC) built-in shell (ash)
      Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

_______ ________ __
      | |.-----.-----.-----.| | | |.----.| |_
      | - || _ | -__| || | | || _|| _|
      |_______|| __|_____|__|__||________||__| |____|
      |__| W I R E L E S S F R E E D O M
      -----------------------------------------------------
      CHAOS CALMER (Bleeding Edge, r42088)
      * 1 1/2 oz Gin Shake with a glassful
      * 1/4 oz Triple Sec of broken ice and pour
      * 3/4 oz Lime Juice unstrained into a goblet.
      * 1 1/2 oz Orange Juice
      * 1 tsp. Grenadine Syrup
      root@ICS-TPLink-MR:~#
      Concurrently playing with OpenHab and its connection via IP to the OPII panel.

Found a way to expand workspace on TP-Link using a USB stick or whatever which would allow for more application workspace.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Pete; August 12, 2014, 07:02 AM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

October 29, 2014

I updated my OPII panel today with new firmware. Please note also that PCA has been updated and the new Omnitouch 7 was updated .

Here are the update notes.

Updates found:
        PC Access 3 (Dealer) English/Italiano/Espanol
        Version: 3.14.1.759

HAI OmniPro II Version 3.14a (English)
        Checking for new OmniTouch 7 firmware files...
        New OmniTouch 7 firmware found:
        OmniTouch 7 Version 1.7 (99A00-1/2)

Checking for new Omni Notifier Board firmware files...
        New Omni Notifier Board firmware found:
        Omni Notifier Firmware Version 1.1

PC Access Version 3.14.1.759 (27/October/2014)

- Controller firmware 3.14a released:
        - Improved TCP connection handling.

- OmniTouch 7 firmware 1.7 released.
        - Improved TCP connection handling.
        - Added Pop-Up Camera support.
        - Added Dealer Info support.

- Fixed problem where E-Mail Notifier Board MAC address could be changed during a firmware update.
        I did all of the updates here with no problems or issues updating and running for the last few hours.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Help confirming that this is the plug in I need please?

Hello All,

I've been away from HomeSeer for over a decade and just recently "upgraded" from v1.6 to HS3. In other words, I'm starting from scratch!

My primary system is an HAI OmniProII running current fw 3.14, and I'd like to use HS to run voice events (TTS and .wav files) based on triggers from within the HAI panel/code.

In other words, I'd like to have a flag called "voices" in the HAI system and based on HAI triggers I'd populate this flag with a value (0-200, or whatever). I'd then like to "hand these" flag values over to the HS system to play the voices based on whatever the flag value is.

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...r-HS2-P62.aspx
          Is this the plug-in that I would need for this?

My HS PC is an Intel NUC with no native serial port, so I guess I'd need to use a USB-Serial converter and the plug the serial interface into the HAI serial port, is that right?

Many thanks,
          Jcd

Comment

Welcome back Jcd.

The posted plugin is for Homeseer 2. It is a serial port plugin and I have been using it for many years.

The Homeseer 3 HAI plugin is purely IP and not utilizing the serial port.

You can create triggers for voices. You can even read the text on an HAI serial port and base your events on that. I utilize outdoor HAI IR triggers to trigger X10 stuff for my Zoneminder manual recording triggers. Works.

I currently utilize one USB to 7 USB port Digi hub going to a few USB devices and two 8 port Edgeport serial boxes. Works just fine.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

HAI HS 3 plug in

Hi Pete,

Thank you! I didn't see the HS3 HAI plug in in the HomeSeer store... Just to make sure I'm on the right path, would you be so kind to provide a link?

Many thanks!
              Jcd

Comment

Hi jcd,

See: http://store.homeseer.com/store/HAI-...HS3-P1781.aspx

Cheers
                Al
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you Al!

It's listed as "beta only" and unavailable for purchase or download
                  Is there any solution currently available to link HS3 and HAI, do you know?

Many thanks,
                  Jcd

Comment

Hi Jcd,

The beta information is here: http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1175. It's available in the updater under the beta section (at the bottom).

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks Al!

Thanks much, again, Al and Pete for the friendly and super-fast replies.

Time to RTFM, so I can figure out now how to use this! ;-)

But I'm excited to explore...

Cheers,
                      Jcd

Comment

Yup; its not finished such that you will be a participate of the testing of the beta.

Here I run two Homeseer 2 boxes and leave them alone while I test Homeseer 3 mostly one plugin at a time.

If you are interested in just running HAI software on a wintel PC (even in Wine / Linux today) you can run HAI software which will provide a basic screen and send email status's et al to whatever.

I also posted a very basic DOS (command line) HAI Logger program which does just that plus write to a mysql database and will do push and email notifications. This program will run fine in Windows or Linux (using Wine).

Curious if you have the voice module for the OPII (HAI) panel?

Here I do not and run all of my text to speech stuff via Homeseer.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Update on HAI HS3 plugin

Al, Rob and Pete,
                          Does anybody have an update on the HAI HS3 plugin? I downloaded the latest version and notice that it is working a lot better. Any target date to get final version of the plugin release (I would like purchase the plugin and get Rob some money).

BTW, do I need to update to HAI f/w version 3.14 to make it work correctly.

Thanks,
                          Ray

Comment

Hi ray. I do have an update coming soon that adds more triggers for HS. You don't need 3.14 for it to work. So far all firmware versions seem to work.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Hi Rob,
                              Thanks for the quick reply. When will the plugin support creating devices for HAI Units?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ray View Post
                                Hi Rob,
                                Thanks for the quick reply. When will the plugin support creating devices for HAI Units?

Ray

I wish I had more hours in the day [emoji1]
                                I have a upb and x10 controller that I'm ready to get running too. It's definitely on the list.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
                                HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                                54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                                Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
                                X