Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. - Solved!

I recently purchased the Hometroller S5pro, I received this error when trying to update the plug-ins list. After clicking update list it says.
    An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable due to: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

I've seen this mentioned before but haven't found the solution. I've been trying to get it to update over the past couple of days. The firewall on the computer isn't up and I tried to place that IP on the DMZ on the router. Neither worked.

Thank you,

Originally posted by Dekirts View Post
    I recently purchased the Hometroller S5pro, I received this error when trying to update the plug-ins list. After clicking update list it says.
    An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable due to: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
    I have same problem for which there appears to be no solution. I am totally stymied before even getting to first base trying to upgrade from HS2 to HS3.
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

What version of HS3 are you running? This was supposed to be fixed in one of the later betas.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        What version of HS3 are you running? This was supposed to be fixed in one of the later betas.

Thanks.
        "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post

Thanks.
          Okay, so I was looking in the wrong place for the latest version. I now have updated to 3.0.0.130, but I still am not able to download plugins. On the Manage Plugins page, I place a green check mark aside the plugin that I want downloaded and nothing happens. Is this supposed to initiate automatically the download for the plugin or is there another step that I am missing? Closing the program and restarting does not install the plugin.

Comment

Once you have selected plug-ins for download you need to scroll up (or down depending on where you selected) and find the "Download and Install" button ...
            Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
              Once you have selected plug-ins for download you need to scroll up (or down depending on where you selected) and find the "Download and Install" button ...
              And therein lies the rub. I could not and cannot find such a button. I am using a Hometroller S3, which was upgraded last year. The embedded software is XP and contains Internet Explorer V8. However, I have found a way to fix the problem - open HS3 in Chrome, where the button is readily visible. I see no way to set Chrome as the default browser for HS3. Can someone point me to where this can be done?
              Last edited by Richel; October 31, 2014, 01:21 PM. Reason: A fix has een found.

Comment

I was confused as you stated you has the same problem as the OP and he was using a Hometroller S5pro. Download Chrome and try that browser.

Comment

I was confused as you stated you has the same problem as the OP and he was using a Hometroller S5pro. Download Chrome and try that browser.
                  Thanks. Chrome fixes that problem. Is there a way to set Chrome as default browser for HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Richel View Post
                    Thanks. Chrome fixes that problem. Is there a way to set Chrome as default browser for HS3?
                    If you set that browser as the default HS should use the default.

Comment

If you set that browser as the default HS should use the default.
                      Thanks, Rupp.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I am now having this same issue with HS2PRO. After trying to run the updater I get several of the entries below in the log and there are several plugins that are unavailable for selection.

An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable due to: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel

Any Ideas?
                        I have tried Chrome, IE (several different versions), and Firefox browsers.

Version: Professional Edition 2.5.0.81

Thanks for any help in advance.
                        Ben

Comment

Hi Ben,

A number of the third party plugins are hosted on non-HST servers. If one or more of those servers is not reachable, you would get an error like that. From what I understand, nothing to worry about. Ignore the message.

Cheers
                          Al
                          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Hey Al,

Thanks for the reply. I would ignore the message but one of the plugins I'm trying to install is Jeff's weatherXML plugin which unfortunately is one of the plugins that appears to be unavailable from the list. I will try to contact Jeff directly to see if he could help me out unless someone knows of a location to get the plugin other than the updater.

Thanks again!
                            Ben

Comment

Hi Ben,

I can probably send you a copy of the latest one that I have in my archives (version 33.5.14). Send me a message through the board and I'll email it to you.

Cheers
                              Al
                              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
                              X