Control HS3 from iRule ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control HS3 from iRule ?

I use iRule (via GC iTach) to control all my AV stuff. On Vera there was a plugin, and after a lot of help and work I even got feedback working, so I could control my zwave devices and see the status on iRule. On the iRule forum I found a fairly clunky way of at least basic on/off control for zwave devices. Is there anything better, is anybody using iRule and has got a decent HS integration ?
    I know I can control my IR stuff via the GC plugin, but I have one iPad for all my Av stuff and it would be nice to have everything in one app

Control HS3 from iRule ?

An old post from somewhere else

http://67.217.100.102/printthread.php?t=155443&pp=20

Which will circle you back to the thread below

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=155438
    Last edited by brientim; May 27, 2016, 11:02 AM. Reason: update thread link

Comment

in these posts I can see its possible to control HS3 from iRule, but I cannot find anything how do actually do it. If I get a simple device to turn on or off, that would be a good start

Comment

via the JSON interface ?

Comment

I use JSON to control my Homeseer. I know there are others that use the drhslpPlugin with serial commands but I chose to use JSON after fighting with the plug-in and finding that JSON was an easy and direct method of control. The plug-in does facilitate feedbacks from HomeSeer to iRule. JSON commands can be found here. Be sure to use the device number found on the 'Advanced' page of the device and not the node number.

On the device I have HomeSeer set up as an HTTP server as GET.

Comment

I did get it working in the end with the drhslpPluging. I never got the feedback to work though. But I'll have a look at the JSON method too. It might give me more flexibility.

Comment

Working...
            X