Remote Desktop - Let go my Audio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Desktop - Let go my Audio!

I'm trying to access my main HS machine remotely thru WinXP's Remote Desktop (RDC?) for the first time today. RDC works great and even redirects audio to my remote machine (totally unexpected).

However, when I close RDC, the audio isn't directed back to the HS box as it should be. Therefore, all audio from my Speaker Client (and from my Media Player) seems to go into thin air.

Any ideas guys?

When you come out of Demote desktop you must log back into your main HS machine for the audio to start working again. The speaker client requires someone to be logged in for it to work.
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Try the batch file referenced here:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ighlight=batch

I got it from the Rupp and it works great. It disconnects your remote console and logs in the last user before rdp was initiated. Everything seems to return to normal.

Later, Terry

Comment

Doug,

If you're not tied to RDP then you can use VNC or ULTRAVNC and it will work just fine. No logon or logoff of the current user required at all.

Comment

VNC can't hold a candle to RDP.

I'll try the batch file. Thanks.

Comment

Guys if you select the options button on the RDP form, then select the local resource tab, your can tell the connection to leave the sound at the remote computer. Then save the RDP sesson as a shortcut and that will leave the sound at the remote computer for now on.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Not working for me

I put the following in a batch on the desktop. Double clicking it flashes the command window, but nothing happens. I added the PASSWORD param.:

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console /password:mypassword

The message I get is:

Connecting sessionID 0 to sessionname console
              Could not connect sessionID 0 to sessionname console, Error code 7045
              Error [7045]:The requested session access is denied.

FYI - I have several WinXP logins setup. My login user name is DOUG. I also have my machine setup so that it auto logs in on bootup.

Any ideas?

Comment

My batch file =
                %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C "tscon 0 /dest:console
                works great
                John

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                  Guys if you select the options button on the RDP form, then select the local resource tab, your can tell the connection to leave the sound at the remote computer. Then save the RDP sesson as a shortcut and that will leave the sound at the remote computer for now on.
                  Yes, but unless someone then logs onto that machine Speech will not work.
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,
                    The batch file that is posted should keep you logged into the last account your were logged into.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp
                      Gogs,
                      The batch file that is posted should keep you logged into the last account your were logged into.
                      Nope, Mr Gates still asks you to log in.

Rupp, Thanks for the Birthday Card..
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all your posts, but it sounds like many of us (myself included) are awaiting the Holy Grail.

Any further input is welcomed

...and Gogs, Happy Birthday!

Comment

Ok guys here's my setup that doesn't require me to log in. I have XP autologin when my HS server starts. Then when I use remote desktop I check the option to leave the sound at the remote computer. Then I use this line in a bat file that severs my RDP session and leaves my pc logged into the account that it autostarts with. So once I double click on the bat file (that is located on the machine that I remoting to) I can walk up and shake the mouse and I am logged in.

%windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console

Comment

Yeah, what he said. Works the same way for me except Rupp uses the command:
                            %windir%\System32\tscon.exe 0 /dest:console
                            The command I use is:
                            %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C "tscon 0 /dest:console
                            Don't know what the difference is but works great.
                            John

Comment

OK Jonny, Rupp,

Either of you care to translate that into English?

I'm I correct in assuming you are starting HS from a BAT file?

Share the secret, go on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X