Button Status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Button Status

How does everyone handle there light status?

In simple screens, I use a button to toggle a light and in the text field I use a one line script:

Code:
    My Light [$SCRIPT=&Replace(hs.CAPIGetStatus(hs.GetDeviceRef("*10")).Status,"%","%")]
    This returns the status of device "*10" named "My Light".
    This functionality works great with all of my Windows clients.
    The Android clients do seem to work real well, if at all. I can start up a client and toggle the light, no status update. Toggle the light again and the status changes to be the inverse of the correct state.

This is real simple functionality but I have never been able to get this to work, so I pretty much threw in the towel on the Android client stuff. And now I am revisiting it as I need the Android clients to actually work.

How does everyone else handle these types of events, is everyone using fancy graphics and elaborate scenes?

EDIT: Added Picture of what I am talking about, but it seems no one uses it this way.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by skybolt; March 11, 2014, 03:44 PM.
    -Skybolt

So I guess you are forced to use the Status Tracking and Status Color entries? Man that is alot of entries for one button. On/Off/Dim/Unknown etc...
    -Skybolt

Comment

So no one wants to offer up anything? Ok.

So here's what I did, I made a test app for my phone doing my old method and another one with intrinsic only methodology, and the intrinsic way is much more reliable and a little faster.

So I changed all of my device status to follow the intrinsic methods and not using any of the scripting in the Text fields. And things got a little faster, but more importantly they actually work and are correct.

Some status for alarm panel zones etc. still need to be scripted to get the last changed time and date but things are looking better with the button status on Android devices, I have to say.

EDIT: After using this method for almost a week, I find there is still an issue with the status tracking for the Android client. Things still get backwards at times.
      Last edited by skybolt; March 19, 2014, 02:34 PM.
      -Skybolt

Comment

I thought I would post an update.

Rich gave me a beta .77 to try out and all has been working relatively well since, about five days now.

Thanks Rich!
        -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
        X