HSTouch Android Client 1.0.0.83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mfisher View Post
    Thanks, Steve, I've added myself to the bug.
    Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

Awesome avatar Steve! Who would have thought that a physicist from the early 1900's would become (somewhat) famous because of a comedy show.
      Best regards,
      -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
      Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Steve,

Tried to email you but your email is not working, your domain does not exist.

I have had problems trying to re-create this. If you want to help, load "logcat" (its in the play store), on your screen. Then when HSTouch exists, run it and see if you can find a log entry showing an exception from HSTouch. Email me the log entry.

Are you using the standard project, or your own project? If your own, do you have a different background graphic for each screen?
        In another thread, Mark mentions that he also has a Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet like I have (see post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=10). While we're waiting results from my logcat, can you use his T301 and see if it does as mine does? Mine is just a plain factory load on the T301 and a standard apk install of the HSTouch client and either left at the main menu screen or the weather screen.

Thanks

P.S. Which of the "logcat" do you want me to install? I have started to install one called LogCat Reader on my froyo tablets. Will that one work OK for this?
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by spknapp View Post
          In another thread, Mark mentions that he also has a Velocity Micro Cruz T301 tablet like I have (see post http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=10). While we're waiting results from my logcat, can you use his T301 and see if it does as mine does? Mine is just a plain factory load on the T301 and a standard apk install of the HSTouch client and either left at the main menu screen or the weather screen.

Thanks

P.S. Which of the "logcat" do you want me to install? I have started to install one called LogCat Reader on my froyo tablets. Will that one work OK for this?
          My two T301s close out every so often as well.

Comment

Posted an update to the Android client, it has some fixes for memory issues, see if it helps. I can say for sure that if you changed screens it leaked memory and for sure this one does not do that as I checked it with the Android memory analyzer.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Installed .83 and it looks good. Startup is faster and it fixed the "Sleep/resume" issue with the device screen. I like the "dimmer" in the bottom left corner. Thanks Rick. I will continue to test.

Bob

Comment

I tested this at work, which is not on VPN or anything in this case to my home.

Startup was super quick, and loading the devices was equally as fast.

Big two thumbs up on this so far, I will keep testing and let you know if I do have any major issues. I did note that loading the Weather page does take some time at startup ~ 15 seconds which is a bit long (from click of button to displaying values) so maybe this is something that should be stored as a hs variable and updated each time a client connects (automatically) then hstouch could just grab the values from the server and not have the delay.
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Silence "click"?

Is it possible to turn off or lower the volume of the click that occurs when you access the menu? If not, I'd like to suggest that as a feature.

Thanks,
                  Barry

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    Posted an update to the Android client, it has some fixes for memory issues, see if it helps. I can say for sure that if you changed screens it leaked memory and for sure this one does not do that as I checked it with the Android memory analyzer.
                    Rich, the day names on the weather screen broke with 83 - you had them fixed in 76...
                    Steve

Comment

Maybe you need also the new HSTouch Server BETA 3.0.0.36 wich is in the updater now?

Comment

Originally posted by antoon View Post
                        Maybe you need also the new HSTouch Server BETA 3.0.0.36 wich is in the updater now?
                        I'm still on HS2.
                        Steve

Comment

FYI

I also did not get the screen dim button in the lower left corner unless I uninstalled any previous version of HSTouch and installed version 83 anew.

FWIW
                          Steve

Comment

Rich,

Does this "Screens are now freed from memory when they are closed" mean that each screen will have to reload - like when you first go to them? If so, will they have the same lag? Finally, if not, did you finally change to using the Binary method of reading in the HSTouch configuration?

Thanks!

--Dan
                            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

This version still force closes if using a project file written for a resolution that is not native for the device you are using it on and use the "Scale to Screens to Fit" option. The app opens fine at first, must faster BTW, and you can navigate to one screen. After that, moving to another screen is when the app FC's.

Example: Screens are made for 800x480. On devices that have a larger screen like 1024x600, 1980x1080, etc, the project will FC the app if you have the app auto scale the project.

Weather Screens take the same amount of time as before - no change in speed - Using WeatherXML.
                              Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

Originally posted by Dafunktyfunk View Post
                                This version still force closes if using a project file written for a resolution that is not native for the device you are using it on and use the "Scale to Screens to Fit" option. The app opens fine at first, must faster BTW, and you can navigate to one screen. After that, moving to another screen is when the app FC's.

Example: Screens are made for 800x480. On devices that have a larger screen like 1024x600, 1980x1080, etc, the project will FC the app if you have the app auto scale the project.

Weather Screens take the same amount of time as before - no change in speed - Using WeatherXML.
                                +1 from me on the FC issue for scale to fit.
                                Sliders seem to be working properly .
                                However, still getting images and stuff going missing if I switch between screens after a while (my project has 8 screens, treating buttons as tabs, after the 5th screen change, various parts go missing)

Comment

Working...
                                X