Has anyone else smoked an AB8SS??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone else smoked an AB8SS??

Halloween night and I HAD everything rocking on the front porch. ITunes was playing scary sounds, Media Player was blaring scary music and HS was belting out sound effects as motion detectors detected and different buttons were pressed. It was beautiful! ....until the sound got soft. I fixed it for a bit by increasing the volume, but then it got soft again. Checked all the levels and the temp of the amp and speakers. All REALLY good. Then we smelled it. You know the smell. When some electrical component gets so hot it smokes. Kinda rancid. Kinda makes your eyes burn a little..... We had all kinds of lights and fog machines going so determining where it was coming from. The fact that the speakers stopped working just at that time was a big clue.... We had to SHUT DOWN HALLOWEEN!!!! It's not the same without sound!!!!

I am not 100% sure it is the AB8SS as I have not removed it from the wall in the back of the wiring closet, but it was VERY hot and it was NOT the amp. ....well, MAYBE it is not the amp.

Anyone else ever smoke one?

If it IS dead, I will be very sad.......

Rob
    Last edited by outbackrob; October 31, 2015, 10:19 PM.

That's not legal in Alabama
    Seriously though I did fry one but it was done by lightning.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      That's not legal in Alabama .
      Really?!? I didn't think anything was illegal in Alabama.

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Seriously though I did fry one but it was done by lightning.
      We had plenty of lightning today, but none within a mile of us....

Ran some HACS diagnostics on it and it worked like a champ. ....all the lights and relays, anyway. Going to look for another old amp that is lurking around somewhere....

Comment

Working...
      X