Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pete View Post
    Adam,

Been trying to change the default / base IO code and it keeps showing the following no matter what code I change it to. I am having some issues for whatever reason using ";" as a code. Also for whatever reason the default device type defined as Cumulus (3P) is giving me some issues. My current work around is to define a parallel variable/value variable generating it on the fly.
    Yeah its probably not going to like changing the code by amending the INI file - is the old code causing problems? The ini file is just used to read from and check whether any devices in HS exist with that base code, if not then it leases a new code from HS and tries to create another set of devices. What sort of data do you need for parallel variables?

I'll amend the pressure summary as I forgot that it could be read in inHg rather than mb and its still checking for mb (as I say it was a last minute hack to read from the realtime.txt file, it also at one time read the easyweather file [.csv?]). Is there anything else you want amending/including in devices? I can write all of the data in the realtime.txt file if you wish but I think its only certain wx stations that give certain fields (I don't think mine will give a UV index, solar radiation etc) - what would be nice if there was an extra field in the file from Cumulus saying what sort of weather station was attached to it.

I've got some stuff to do on it including amending the triggers for the different types of data (or at least checking if they work) and also possibly generating some type of web page to go along with it to amend the settings/perhaps a HTML table of the data in the database...

Comment

is the old code causing problems?
      Yes the
      ;
      code is causing problems. Shouldn't HS check if any device with another code exists then generate a new code?

I'm putting the data into the MCSTemperature DB and its just a table entry form; such that I can take the
      ;
      and change it to anything else. The table though doesn't like the
      (3P)
      or the
      ;
      entries. I'm graphing the data from your Cumulus plugin and the Temp08 MCSTemperature data for the same device.

What sort of data do you need for parallel variables?
      The data isn't changing. I'm just changing the device code and location right now. (its really an issue with the table/data entry for DB use rather than one of your plugin).

Actually looking to utilize Cumulus with the Davis Vantage Vue weather station probably within maybe a couple of weeks. Hoping to do this before the weather changes here; which will be soon. It really doesn't matter about the weather device as the data will be similiar (more or less).

The barometer pressure is correct right now with your plugin:

indicating
      30.02 in
      The XAP data is showing mb and I am doing the "on the fly" conversion to inHg.

indicating
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

What I am saying above is whatever device code I use in the INI; the application changes it to something else; even if I am not using that device code for anything.

10/23/2011 1:58:48 PM Cumulus (3P) Info Releasing base IO code > because there were no HomeSeer devices defined to our plug-in.
        10/23/2011 1:58:49 PM Cumulus (3P) Info A new base IO code of ; was issued by HomeSeer.
        Probably all of the data from the realtime.txt file would be better than just a partial of the data.
        Last edited by Pete; October 23, 2011, 03:08 PM.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Found another implementation for Cumulus using PHP and Ajax.
          Attached Files
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Fine Offset Testing March 2012 to August 2012

Just a quick summary relating to the Fine Offset weather station testing.

1 - Initially installed on a test mast in Illinois in the fall of 2011 - worked fine through the winter and into the spring.
            2 - Moved Fine Offset weather station to FL in March 2012
            3 - In Florida connected to a dedicated laptop running weather software Cumulus updating an ISP website. In Illinois Homeseer running Cumulus Plugin and utilizing the reatime.txt file uploaded to ISP website for FL installed Fine Offset.
            http://longboatkey.golffan.us/
            4 - two communications issues since installation. One time I had to remove batteries, disconnect USB cable and restart (June, 2012?). 2nd time a reboot fixed comm issues.

Considering where its mounted and local weather its doing well for a $67 USD weather station still reporting weather with no issues. Concern is salt air and weather.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; August 6, 2012, 06:51 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Nice joint! I'm on the opposite coast, 'cept, not on the coast!!

-BD

Comment

Thanks BD.

Here's a picture from when the original house was built - '58 or so.

This new weather station has kind of replaced one installed by the neighbor's father in the 1960's.

The neighbor doesn't utilize the boat in his dock anymore cuz he's almost 80 today; but still wants to look at the weatherstation info (configured it on his IPad) in case he does decide to go sailing.

The neighbor was my spotter when I installed the Fine Offset weather station in March, 2012.
                Attached Files
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Clima Control RMR500ES

Hello,

Clima Control RMR500ES
                  Is this one ok for homeseer? with RFXCOM Receiver

Thanks

Comment

Great work here guys!

I think I would much prefer having a weather station then relying on internet data for my weather. It never seems to be just right for me. Now that I have Mcssprinklers up and running, I want even more accurate data, especially rain.
                    I'll have to read this over a few times to learn what I need as far as getting the info into HS and MCS but it looks very doable. I thought these weather stations were a lot more expensive so its nice to see some good models at reasonable prices...makes a project like this conceivable.
                    HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Found two of three of the wind cups on the grass today from the Vantage Vue. Odd I wonder if a bird busted them off. The older 1-Wire weather is still up and reporting data.

Easy to replace; just a PITA to climb up the ladder to get to them.

http://www.davisnet.com/weather/prod...pnum=07342.178

Wow $8.00 USD for shipping though so price is $18.00 USD for the replacement cups.

Prices are all over the place up to $25 and shipping averages between $8 and $10.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I still plan on doing this once the build here is done.
                        Lately I thought I thought run a Davis with Cumulus (really like that software).
                        I've seen all sorts of prices for Davis equipment.
                        HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Yup; here found the Davis Vantage Vue once at around $170 with a console. I lucked out with it. The Vantage Vue is an all in one setup. To get more features the Davis Vantage Pro II is better.

I have two boxes set up with Cumulus. Each one uploads data to WUN and NOAA. It also uploads a text file to my CC free web server. The Homeseer Cumulus plugin is pulling the Cumulus data from the webserver stuff. (you can also pull it down directly by sharing the drive and directory that Cumulus is running on).
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

All I can think of is maybe one of the local hawks in the area that chewed off the weather wind cups.

The design is different on the older AAG weather station such that you can't really perch (if you are a bird) on those weather cups.

The hawks though have been cleaning up a bit eating small rabbits and other birds in the area (took a picture of one of the hawks doing a number on a duck last year in the back yard).
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Pete,

Thanks for your very helpful posts on this thread.

Is the reason you're mounting the weather instruments up high on your roof so that the house doesn't interfere with the wind/rain collection?

If so, I'm wondering whether using multiple duplicate sensors on all four sides of your house, but at closer to ground level, would accomplish the same result? At any given moment, you could have a virtual instrument which would display the value of whichever actual instrument is producing the maximum measured amount. e.g. pick whichever rain gauge is clicking the fastest.

Here's the logic: if there were no house or foliage on the lot, then in principle each of the duplicate instruments would show the same measurements because no structure was interfering. However, the wind is always blowing from some direction, so if you pick the instrument which measures on the side where the wind is blowing from, then that instrument shouldn't have interference (and, thus, will be showing a greater measured amount than the duplicate instruments which are being interfered with). QED.

I was thinking about this recently as an alternative, because given the pitch of my roof I would dread having to mount an instrument package high above my roof just to collect unbiased data. Also, maintenance (e.g. clearing leaves or other detritus out of the rain gauge) will be easier in the future.
                              Last edited by NeverDie; July 17, 2013, 08:59 AM.

Comment

By the way, at my prior home I had a wireless Oregon scientific weather station, and occasionally a spurious data would slip into the dataset and spoil my graphs with a nonsensical spike. Is that your reason for preferring wired over wireless? Would any of the plug-in software packages for HomeSeer filter out bogus measurements after-the-fact? If not, I wonder if the Davis wireless might do a better job of rejecting junk wireless data than my Oregon did.

At my previous house in California I found that the best use of my weather station was to find out which other weather stations in weatherunderground were in closest agreement with it. From that point onward, I didn't really need my own weather station anymore. Unfortunately, at the time anyway, most of them weren't measuring sun intensity.

In Texas I expect the same will be true, except the rainfall tends to be much less uniform. I probably water my landscape more than I need to, so it would be easy to cost justify onsite rain measurement and sun intensity so as to finally do a proper evapotranspiration calculation. But, heck, if I'm doing that, I'll probably just get the whole package. Here we go again....
                                Last edited by NeverDie; July 17, 2013, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X