This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 or HS3 at this Juncture

I have just purchased Hometroller Pro and I am in day 17 of checking out this terrific Plugin. I have been up and running on ISY but am changing over to the Homeseer because of the HStouch capabilities.

I am using many 5 & 8 button 2486 switches, 2476 dimmers, 2456 appliancelincs and the SimpleHomeNet EZIO2x4. I also have more than 20 X10 devices.

1. Will the PI-SimpleHomeNet plugin be upgraded to HS3? I'm about to purdhase addition EZIP2x4 units. I understand the X10 devices may not work with HS3 unless I purchase another plugin.

2. Will the upgrade price for the HS3 PI-Insteon plugin be minimal or will I have to purchase it all over again for HS3?

Thanks,

Doug

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
    I have just purchased Hometroller Pro and I am in day 17 of checking out this terrific Plugin. I have been up and running on ISY but am changing over to the Homeseer because of the HStouch capabilities.

I am using many 5 & 8 button 2486 switches, 2476 dimmers, 2456 appliancelincs and the SimpleHomeNet EZIO2x4. I also have more than 20 X10 devices.

1. Will the PI-SimpleHomeNet plugin be upgraded to HS3? I'm about to purdhase addition EZIP2x4 units. I understand the X10 devices may not work with HS3 unless I purchase another plugin.

2. Will the upgrade price for the HS3 PI-Insteon plugin be minimal or will I have to purchase it all over again for HS3?

Thanks,

Doug
    Doug, thanks for making the switch.

1. the Simplehomenet is being ported to HS3 by user hurry4it. there is a separate forum for this plugin if you want to check status, etc. X10 support in my plugin HS3 is low priority but not off the table. But if you need x10 support immediately, you might look for another option.

2. I plan to provide a 50% discount for the HS3 plugin for those that have an hs2 license already.

Thanks
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for the response

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am going to go ahead with the HS2 Insteon Plugin for now. I'll worry about HS3 later when you get X10 integrated.

All the best,

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Camguy52 View Post
        I am in the process of updating the SimpleHomeNet plugin to be compatible with HS3. It should be available in the next couple weeks.

Adam

Comment

HS2 or HS3

Hello Mark, hope I'm in the right place to ask this. I am new to HomeSeer and have both HS2 and HS3, will migrate completely to HS3 when everything is working for X-10 (I have too many X-10 devices).
          My question is if I purchase the plug-in for HS2 will I then have to purchase a new plug-in for HS3? Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by ncnoah View Post
            Hello Mark, hope I'm in the right place to ask this. I am new to HomeSeer and have both HS2 and HS3, will migrate completely to HS3 when everything is working for X-10 (I have too many X-10 devices).
            My question is if I purchase the plug-in for HS2 will I then have to purchase a new plug-in for HS3? Thanks!!
            Welcome to Homeseer and Insteon!

X10 Support via the HS3 plugin is sort of low priority, but please put your +1 on the following HS3 X10 thread in this forum. I'm trying to get a sense for the need; Its pretty low right now.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161891

As for licenses, there will be a 50% discount on the HS3 if you already own an HS2 license.
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
            Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
            Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
            Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Working...
            X