Feature Request - Use Preset Buttons on SB Radio as triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Philippe,

Is there anything I can do to debug why the triggers don't always fire and why sometimes the large delay in the player last IR button device updates?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

HI,

Can someone give me an example of how to set this up. I see how to set up the events in the above screenshots but what do I have to do on the Radio to get this to work as I have tried but had no success.

Thanks for any help.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
        HI,

Can someone give me an example of how to set this up. I see how to set up the events in the above screenshots but what do I have to do on the Radio to get this to work as I have tried but had no success.

Thanks for any help.

Greig.
        Hi Greig,.do you have anything assigned to your presets currently? Does the ir last button device update in HS when you press a preset button? I didn't have to do anything specifically on mine, except clear them. Of course, mine are not working consistently, so maybe i need to do something different.

Cheers
        Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
          Hi Philippe,

Is there anything I can do to debug why the triggers don't always fire and why sometimes the large delay in the player last IR button device updates?

Thanks
          Al
          I was playing with this over the weekend and could not reproduce any issue. It worked fine for me. To further debug in your environment, enable verbose debugging (it will create a lot of output) and when player button press are detected you will see entries that include the text "LMS IR button: " with the name of the button that was detected (and used to match the trigger). This will tells when received/detected (There is another log entry for IR Codes "LMS IR code:"). Next there should be a follow up log entries a few lines after with the text "LMS Notification; HS2PlayerTrigger:" and ""Entered FirePlayerTrigger() Trigger ". Let's determine that the button is received and attempts to match a HS3 trigger (if need be I can add more detailed tracing to determine that it found a trigger). Of course you can forward me a tracing file and I can look into it as well.

Actually do you have something assigned to the buttons? I have for all of mine and never tried without assigning anything.

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
            HI,

Thanks for any help.

Greig.
            No you should not have to do anything on the Radio; the plugin receives plugin press messages from LMS and matches then against patterns. Unfortunately the LMS button name is not the same for all players, so you need to use the right name for the right player.

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
              No you should not have to do anything on the Radio; the plugin receives plugin press messages from LMS and matches then against patterns. Unfortunately the LMS button name is not the same for all players, so you need to use the right name for the right player.
              I did get this to work by setting the defaults again but this did not work so I added an item to the preset and then it worked so for the moment I have a dummy track that is played when I press the button.
              I am seeing the device change and I have some events set up but they do not always trigger on the device change.
              I will do some more testing with the debug on when I get a little time.

when you say
              The plugin receives plugin press messages from LMS and matches then against patterns.
              Do I need your plugin on the radio to? I have not loaded it as I thought it was just for the screensaver?

This is a great feature.

Greig.
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

OK I had a little play with this and I can get preset 2-6 to change the device no problems but the events wont trigger from them all the time. I also can not get preset 1 to work and it is not showing in the log.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

I was playing with this over the weekend and could not reproduce any issue. It worked fine for me. To further debug in your environment, enable verbose debugging (it will create a lot of output) and when player button press are detected you will see entries that include the text "LMS IR button: " with the name of the button that was detected (and used to match the trigger). This will tells when received/detected (There is another log entry for IR Codes "LMS IR code:"). Next there should be a follow up log entries a few lines after with the text "LMS Notification; HS2PlayerTrigger:" and ""Entered FirePlayerTrigger() Trigger ". Let's determine that the button is received and attempts to match a HS3 trigger (if need be I can add more detailed tracing to determine that it found a trigger). Of course you can forward me a tracing file and I can look into it as well.

Actually do you have something assigned to the buttons? I have for all of mine and never tried without assigning anything.
                  Thanks Philippe,

I'll do some work with debug over the next couple of days. Right now I have nothing assigned to my buttons (see my post above), but I have also tried it with assigning a small mp3 file to them that made a click sound. My results were the same either way. Ideally they would work without having anything assigned to them so that if you're playing music, the music does not get interrupted by changing playlists. As an FYI, the kidsPlay SB plugin I mentioned earlier in the thread intercepts the commands on the SB server and allows you the option to ignore them for the original purpose.

Cheers
                  Al

Comment

Hi Philippe,

Below are snippets from the verbose debug log. The first section is when I press Preset #1 and the event is succesfully triggered. The second and third sections are for when I press Preset #2 and Preset #3 respectively and the events for them are not triggered. The HS device "Player 5 Last IR Button" does get updated properly, it's just the events that don't trigger. Thoughts? I've also attached the full debug file for that period. The event for Preset #3 is the one that I have the screenshots posted for in post #15 above.

Thanks
                    Al

Code:
                    [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1]4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A29%3A49%3A20 displaynotify showbriefly HASH(0xc6bf7d0) 
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~ ## Process command for player. Name: Office, ID: 00:04:20:29:49:20
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Exiting tcpClient_onLineArrival
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A29%3A49%3A20 button preset_1.single  
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~ ## Process command for player. Name: Office, ID: 00:04:20:29:49:20
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox (Player_000420294920)  Debug~~!~~Office - LMS IR button: preset_1.single
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox (Player_000420294920)  Debug~~!~~Office - LMS Notification; HS2PlayerTrigger: PlayerIRButton
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered FirePlayerTrigger() Trigger Player SubTrigger: PlayerIRButton for Player Office
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Exiting tcpClient_onLineArrival
                    4/19/2014 11:45:51 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered TriggerConfigured(). TANumber: 3 SubTANumber: 10 Ref: 8737 UID: 2208 Returning: True[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1]4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A29%3A49%3A20 displaynotify showbriefly HASH(0xc02cc68) 
                    4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~ ## Process command for player. Name: Office, ID: 00:04:20:29:49:20
                    4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Exiting tcpClient_onLineArrival
                    4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A29%3A49%3A20 button preset_2.single  
                    4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~ ## Process command for player. Name: Office, ID: 00:04:20:29:49:20
                    4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox (Player_000420294920)  Debug~~!~~Office - LMS IR button: preset_2.single
                    4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox (Player_000420294920)  Debug~~!~~Office - LMS Notification; HS2PlayerTrigger: PlayerIRButton
                    4/19/2014 11:45:59 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered FirePlayerTrigger() Trigger Player SubTrigger: PlayerIRButton for Player Office[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=1]4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A29%3A49%3A20 displaynotify showbriefly HASH(0xbff4b28) 
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~ ## Process command for player. Name: Office, ID: 00:04:20:29:49:20
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Exiting tcpClient_onLineArrival
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entering songTimerTimer_Elapsed()
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Exiting songTimerTimer_Elapsed()
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered tcpClient_onLineArrival: 00%3A04%3A20%3A29%3A49%3A20 button preset_3.single  
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~ ## Process command for player. Name: Office, ID: 00:04:20:29:49:20
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox (Player_000420294920)  Debug~~!~~Office - LMS IR button: preset_3.single
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox (Player_000420294920)  Debug~~!~~Office - LMS Notification; HS2PlayerTrigger: PlayerIRButton
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Entered FirePlayerTrigger() Trigger Player SubTrigger: PlayerIRButton for Player Office
                    4/19/2014 11:47:39 AM...SqueezeBox Debug~~!~~Exiting tcpClient_onLineArrival[/SIZE][/FONT]
                    Last edited by pcp; May 2, 2014, 07:31 PM. Reason: Removing deug plugin version in favor of more recent in subsequent dialog

Comment

Per the log the function to trigger events is called (FirePlayerTrigger). I cannot see anything wrong in it.. I will need to add additional tracing to the plugin to log if it found a matching HS3 event trigger to fire. Just curious have you restarted HS3 since you added the event trigger?

Comment

Per the log the function to trigger events is called (FirePlayerTrigger). I cannot see anything wrong in it.. I will need to add additional tracing to the plugin to log if it found a matching HS3 event trigger to fire. Just curious have you restarted HS3 since you added the event trigger?
                        Thanks, yes some additional debugging would hopefully help pinpoint this. I've rebooted/restarted/reinstalled the plugin and recreated the events a number of times . The results are always inconsistent. As an example, I created new events for preset buttons for the player in my office, and all 6 of them are now working. I then created 6 for a player in the master bedroom. They all worked initially, but now only 1 of the 6 still works. The button presses are always received, but the events don't fire.

Thanks
                        Al

Comment

Thanks. Your note is helpful as well; will check again while instrumenting a version.

Comment

Thanks, yes some additional debugging would hopefully help pinpoint this. I've rebooted/restarted/reinstalled the plugin and recreated the events a number of times . The results are always inconsistent. As an example, I created new events for preset buttons for the player in my office, and all 6 of them are now working. I then created 6 for a player in the master bedroom. They all worked initially, but now only 1 of the 6 still works. The button presses are always received, but the events don't fire.

Thanks
                            Al
                            I added additional tracing to the attached version (exe only). Rename the current plugin exe, copy yhe attached one, restarted HS3 and enable debugging for the plugin. It will log additional information as it attempts to fire events. I tried to reproduce again but no success; there must be something different in your workflow. Let's see waht the tracing/debugging output will tell us (post or email a the log as IR code or button triggers are fired). Thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

Great, thanks. Will try it tonight.

Edit: Log attached. Out of the 6 presets I tried on the one SB Radio, only preset 2 fired its event, the others did not.

Thanks
                              Al
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by sparkman; April 27, 2014, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Great, thanks. Will try it tonight.

Edit: Log attached. Out of the 6 presets I tried on the one SB Radio, only preset 2 fired its event, the others did not.

Thanks
                                Al
                                Yes and confirmed in the log (preset_2.single fired). The other triggered are configured to detect the button press for other players per the log. For example the preset_1.single was pressed on "Master Bedroom 1" (00:04:20:2b:02:ad) but the events a(at least in the log) for player "00:04:20:29:49:20" and "00:04:20:2a:78:fa" but not "00:04:20:2b:02:ad". The player's are the ones configured in the If part of the event (see screenshot)Can you confirm that the events are configured for different players (for preset_1.single? Maybe something is wrong in the event creation/configuration.Looking into it as well
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X