This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tcp strings

Can someone point me to how to send a tcp string with HS2? I've searched and cannot find it.

I need to open a connection, send a string, then close a connection. I have all of the info for this and can do it with putty. How do I do this in HS2?

Thanks, Pete

Hi Pete, this plugin may be able to help: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=155438.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

In here http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...373#post851373 you will find steva's rather excellent SocketSendText.vb file, that script enables you to send simple TCP strings to a socket and then closes the socket again.

Comment

Tcp strings

These look like just what I was looking for, thanks!

I'm surprised something this basic isn't baked into HS. Maybe it is in HS3?

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Club Chapin View Post
          These look like just what I was looking for, thanks!

I'm surprised something this basic isn't baked into HS. Maybe it is in HS3?

Pete

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          No it isn't in HS3 either, even though I am sure I put it in the 'what you want in HS3' thread. Serial ports are naturally becoming less and less prevalent and HS should step up to TCP IMHO.

Comment

I wanted to loop back and report that I first tried drules plug in and it worked great. I did not try the script, but might, just to check it out.

At any rate, thanks for the help and tips.

Comment

Glad it worked for you.

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                No it isn't in HS3 either, even though I am sure I put it in the 'what you want in HS3' thread. Serial ports are naturally becoming less and less prevalent and HS should step up to TCP IMHO.
                I have the same opinion. Homeseer developers should think about that and implement a API like the ComPort for working with sockets. It would make many of the integration tasks much easier without the need of a plugin for everything.

Comment

Working...
                X