In Bed Monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeoS View Post
    H-how much does your bed sag when you're on it??
    Do you sleep on a hammock or something :P

But seriously, are these sensitive enough to measure bed sag? Not to mention, not everyone has a bed style with space underneath (mine doesn't).
    The poster did mention a bed with slats. Those beds bend enough to detect.
    Range 30-200 cm
    Detection angle 60 degrees
    Should work

But if you want to have something really sensitive then hack one of these
    http://www.dx.com/p/60ft-ultrasonic-...3#.VhqTxcvouAg

Oh boy, the world is a big toy palace and i am playing in it. To many ideas, not enough time....
    - Bram

Send from my Commodore VIC-20

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
    HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
    PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

Originally posted by AshaiRey View Post
      The poster did mention a bed with slats. Those beds bend enough to detect.
      Range 30-200 cm
      Detection angle 60 degrees
      Should work
      Ahhh ok; sounds good.

But if you want to have something really sensitive then hack one of these
      http://www.dx.com/p/60ft-ultrasonic-...3#.VhqTxcvouAg

Oh boy, the world is a big toy palace and i am playing in it. To many ideas, not enough time....
      How about using Kinect's 3d camera to calculate the difference between your empty bed (+ pillows n whatnot) vs the volume of it occupied. It should even be able to count how many ppl are on the bed... and make home movies on demand
      HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Ahhh ok; sounds good.

How about using Kinect's 3d camera to calculate the difference between your empty bed (+ pillows n whatnot) vs the volume of it occupied. It should even be able to count how many ppl are on the bed... and make home movies on demand
        - Bram

Ashai_Rey____________________________________________________________ ________________
        HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534
        PIugins: ZMC audio | ZMC VR | ZMC IR | ZMC NDS | RFXcom | AZ scripts | Jon00 Scripts | BLBackup | FritzBox | Z-Wave | mcsMQTT | AK Ikea

Comment

And you'll have to record the sound signature of the bricks falling into the voice recognizer through xap800 gated system, so it can automatically launch the event right?!?!

Seriously though, my bed uses a box-spring like configuration underneath, so i can't place anything under it... So i'm looking for real solution that can be mounted above it
          HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Comment

Seriously though, my bed uses a box-spring like configuration underneath, so i can't place anything under it... So i'm looking for real solution that can be mounted above it
            Question, can you see the actual springs underneath your bed or are they encased into pockets like a springbox matrass.
            - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

Question, can you see the actual springs underneath your bed or are they encased into pockets like a springbox matrass.
              The elderly care homes use pressure monitors for this and it works really well if you have the correct mat.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H-KWeD251k
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Good solution, proven tech and ready to go.
                But it takes out to fun of DIY and blocks creative thinking...
                - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

They're encased in in wood frame w/ fabric wrappings...

Comment

I just stumbled upon this page. Might be of some intrest for someone
                    http://www.mysmarthomeblog.com/page--15.html
                    - Bram

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.534

Comment

That guy has done some really cool things! I'm profoundly jealous of his people counting system.
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Here's a thread on the HS Board that discusses the same sensor: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=117123

Cheers
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

to funny this topic haha

a bed occupy sensor goes a little to far for me

this is just weird ,

just think about this :

you are on your work , your wife is at home and u get a push message that the bed is been used , so you watch the graph like the other person posted here and u directly go home , but when u go at the bedroom then u see your dog is playing on your bed while your wife is shopping

nah , i skip tis sensor
                          Preferred -> Jon's Plugins, Pushover, Phlocation, Easy-trigger,
                          Rfxcom, Blade Plugins, Pushbullet, homekit, Malosa Scripts

HS3Pro 4.1.14.0 on windows 10 enterprise X64 on hp quadcore laptop 8 GB.

Comment

Amazon has the Withings Aura Sleep system (with sensor) for $149.99 for Prime members. Today (12/8) only.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LC2VWJI/...ustomerReviews

Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned that there is an API we can use?

Comment

Originally posted by Jingoro View Post
                              Amazon has the Withings Aura Sleep system (with sensor) for $149.99 for Prime members. Today (12/8) only.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LC2VWJI/...ustomerReviews

Somebody earlier in this thread mentioned that there is an API we can use?
                              Thanks for the notice, Jingoro.

I tried to pick one up but the offer was expired already when I did.

Lo and behold, today I checked the page again and now Amazon says it'll be in stock again for that price on Dec 18th. So, heads up to anyone looking to pick one up at this price.

Comment

Working...
                              X