Installing HS3 Pro on a netbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing HS3 Pro on a netbook

I currently have a HomeTroller SE Pro running HS3 Pro. On at least two occasions during the past month or so, the Hometroller has stopped working. When I check the Hometroller, it is displaying out of memory errors.

I decided to install (a separate licensed copy of) HS3 Pro on a netbook. The install went smoothly. However, when I launch HS3 Pro I am getting the following message: "~!~ Warning ~!~ Error starting web server, port in use? Are you running a web server on the designated port? Edit settings.ini in the Config folder and change gWebSvrPort=## to a different port #. An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions Startup Complete. 1 errors detected. Check the log for more information." I checked the log, but it did not give any information about this error.

Does anyone have any idea what this error message is really telling me? To the best of my knowledge, I am not running anything that should be interfering with the Port. I am not running a Web server. I even shut down the hometroller se to see if that was the problem - no luck.

Edit: Netbook is running Windows 10 Home. Added note, Homeseer attempts to launch IE 11, but I get an error message: "the webpage cannot be found (http://192.168.X.XXX/deviceutility)

Thanks in advance for any suggestion and/ot ideas.

Ron Bernier
    Last edited by RBernier; November 24, 2015, 07:56 AM.

Does the Netbook have any Antivirus or Firewall software running? If so these could cause this issue. Are you starting HS3 as an administrator?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Fixed

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Does the Netbook have any Antivirus or Firewall software running? If so these could cause this issue. Are you starting HS3 as an administrator?
      Rupp,
      Thank you for responding. HS3 Pro is being allowed through the firewall and there is no antivirus currently running. I have tried running as an administrator and as a user - neither made any difference.

I performed a more thorough search (using the entire error message) and discovered a posting by someone who had a similar issue involving the same error message in September 2015.

Solution:
      1) Config-->Settings.INI did not contain the line gWebSvrPort=80 (80 is the default port number). This line had to be manually added to settings.ini.

2) Even after adding the gWebSrvPort line the program still would not launch. I then edited the settings.ini and changed the port number to 1080 (as suggested in the September posting). I rebooted the netbook, and then launched HS3 Pro again. The program launched without any error messages and the Web Interface launched without any issue.

Comment

I didn't think Windows 10 home came with IIS so something must be running on port 80. Probably one of the new Windows 10 back door apps as Windows 10 out of the box sends nearly all I/O on the PC back to Microsoft.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Netstat -a -o will show you a list of open ports with PID.

Regards
          Morten

Comment

A few years ago I tried running HS2 Pro on a Netbook. It seemed to run fine, but then would behave strangely and unpredictably. I later learned that the bios (at least) was deliberately crippled to comply with MS restrictions. One of the consequences was impaired IO functionality. I eventually gave up and loaded Linux on it.
            Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
            HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

have you tried just going to http://localhost just to see if something is running another webserver??

Comment

Working...
              X